Steam Chat: Update

Soldato
OP
Always one cynic :p

I for one think that is an impressive update.

Steam voice and text chat had been neglected for too long and had become almost worthless.with many going elsewhere.

Not sure if too late but time will tell.

They did not go as far as to add video which I find odd but hey ho.

Soldato
I liked how it groups people into the same games.

I wonder if the user profiles have changed? It be nice if I didn't have to do some magical picture editing to get a decent background.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I liked how it groups people into the same games.
Whereas I don't like it. I've always kept my friends grouped with tags relating to the different communities they're in - now that gets pushed right out of sight by the games people are playing.

I like the direction they're heading in, the old Steam chat was getting dated, but this still needs work. Has caused a few issues for a couple of my mates with Steam crashing or microphones suddenly no longer transmitting.

Soldato
Tried it but rolled back as I am unable to see how to make the text bigger. Unlike the current version where I can edit the overlay file to increase it, if I can't on this, then I will have to forego it.

Left feedback but not had any reply. As expected....

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Tried it but rolled back as I am unable to see how to make the text bigger. Unlike the current version where I can edit the overlay file to increase it, if I can't on this, then I will have to forego it.

Left feedback but not had any reply. As expected....

I'm pretty sure they added the ability to change the font size in the last update, Saturday I think it was?

Last edited:
Soldato
Whereas I don't like it. I've always kept my friends grouped with tags relating to the different communities they're in - now that gets pushed right out of sight by the games people are playing.

I don't see that being the case, you still be able to tag and group your friends in the same groups, I'm doing the same thing as I meet them too.

Soldato
About damned time. I’m not much of a group chatter, but this has been missing from Steam for years.

Hopefully they refresh the platform soon too, it’s starting to look a little dated.

And why I cant get a description of a game by just clicking on it is bonkers, by the time I come around to playing a new one I’ve no idea what they are; have to go to to the store page.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Steam Store update is coming soon (Valve time and all that).

I really like the new update personally, the friends list is hell of a lot better. I'm glad they added the original chat message sound too instead of that fancy new one!

Soldato
Discord is too well driven as a main chat option. That and it has a tonne of mods for larger servers and very little downtime.

It's nice, and a cool update. But won't be ground breaking. They are too late to the party.

Back
Top Bottom