Steam christmas sale 2010... *twitch*

Soldato
It was around christmas time last year I remember as there were 3-4 titles I wanted but couldn't buy as I was in Ireland at the time and their security measures said I couldn't buy because I was based in Belgium and the IP address was irish :(

Apparently you have to be in the country (based on your IP address) where the account is registered.

I'll have the same problem this year as well.

:(

Check here...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105360

Also check my trust feedback ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
When does the steam christmas sale start?
It's not true, the sale is starting tomorrow.

Source:

oddworld.com said:
http://www.oddworld.com/?p=292

Today, Worldwide, Oddworld Inhabitants is announcing the Steam release date for the Oddboxx, containing four of its critically-acclaimed and award-winning classic games; Abe’s Oddysee, Abe’s Exoddus, Munch’s Oddysee and Stranger’s Wrath for PC owners.
The games will be released on Steam on the 20th of December, 2010.

The release of Oddboxx will also coincide with the first day of the Annual Steam Holiday Sale, meaning that during the first 24 hours of release, the game will be sold with 50% of its marked price discounted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One of the problems with publisher packs is sometimes if you buy early you get 'screwed over' (I mean that in a lighthearted way, ultimately you are happy to pay the going rate for whatever you agree to purchase) in that games get added to them after you bought the pack, and are sometimes expensive to buy on their own. For example I got the THQ pack before it included the likes of Metro2033 and DoW2 Chaos Rising. Then everyone else can get the fully monty for £30 and you've gotta pay something similar just for two games. Would be nice if they offered an 'upgrade path' on publisher packs where you could add missing titles for 50% of the standalone price or something - but ultimately that would probably be bad business for them.

Soldato
Then again the people that buy it after had to wait another year and would you have waited that long just to get a couple more games? Did you pick up Metro when it was cheap as well?

Associate
I really hope they don't do those indy packs then sell games from the previous days indy packs. That was really lame.
Yep I hope we get some all new indie packs not just the same old ones again or new ones with the same old games included in different combinations. I'd like to see some games like Flight Control HD that I'd never heard of before.

Back
Top Bottom