Steam christmas sale 2010... *twitch*

Associate
for me:

witcher
x3
borderlands (have it but want steam copy)
bioshock 2 (same as above)

thats all i'm looking for but like all sales probly end up getting a lot more............. huh oddworld stranger's wrath ... never played that :D

Soldato
I don't think I can seriously get excited about the sales this time around as I pretty much bought all I wanted to buy last time around and there are few games which are pulling me in nowadays. Maybe Mafia 2 if the price i right.

Permabanned
I still have loads of games I've bought in past Steam sales which I've played little or not at all :( I must guard against buying stuff just because it's heavily discounted, without considering whether I really want it and will play it much.

Soldato
I still have loads of games I've bought in past Steam sales which I've played little or not at all :( I must guard against buying stuff just because it's heavily discounted, without considering whether I really want it and will play it much.

Quoted for truth^

I would like to pick up a copy of Batman, and if Borderlands is cheap I'll grab this as well to check it out...

Caporegime

This, I must have finished maybe 1/10 of the games that I've bought in these sales :(

Soldato
But just think of all that money you're saving! :p

I have a self enforced moratorium on buying games at the moment. So far it hasn't really worked...

On the plus side there's not that many more games that could appear in the sale that I would buy since I most likely have all the good ones already :D

Soldato
This, I must have finished maybe 1/10 of the games that I've bought in these sales :(

I have a self enforced moratorium on buying games at the moment. So far it hasn't really worked...

On the plus side there's not that many more games that could appear in the sale that I would buy since I most likely have all the good ones already :D

I basically have about £10 to spend if I really need to buy something. If I spend more than I will be in trouble with myself, my bank account has suffered these past couple of weeks.

Guys you know it is impossible to control this particular desire about buying steam sale games so why fight it:p.

Permabanned

I save even more by not buying anything :p

TBH there's very little I want, because I've bought LOADS of games this year :eek: When it came to putting ten games in my Steam wish list recently, I really struggled to find enough and most of them weren't must haves either.

Still I am a sucker for Steam sales so I will be avidly poring over the whole list tomorrow along with the rest of us :D

Soldato
If I recall last year.
The steam sale packs were on sale for the entire duration, and then individual games and duos or trios were then on sale for a single day at a time, usually 4-7 offerings per day.

So if you don't wish to buy a full pack, and wanted just one single game it was worth waiitng until the last day to buy the bundle in case it came up on its own first.

Is my memory correct?

Soldato
Test drive Limited 2 (Available Jan 2011)

I think hoping for an unreleased title in the sales is a bit optimistic. :p

I use the sales as an excuse to get all the games that I um and aah about buying, and I always keep an eye out the indie games. You can get some superb entertainment for a tiny amount.

Is my memory correct?

Mostly. A lot of titles (as well as packs) were on offer through the entire sale, then were further discounted on a particular day. If they do the same again, it's worth waiting to see if a game is on a daily sale, rather than buying it early on it's initial discount and kicking yourself should it come down further. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom