Steam IS coming to OS X

Soldato
Up early for an appointment, quick to the computer! and resume downloading at 8:30am, around 200KB/sec :-/

I might be able to play sometime around weekend :eek:

Soldato
I'm getting around 1.5mb/s now...not as fast as i'd like but it'll have to do.

My download and steam crashed during the night so i was greeted with a error report.

Soldato
2.2mb/s! She is creeping up! :D

I live in Cornwall! Having a 24mb connection in Cornwall is something to brag about. You have to remember, we only got this new fangled thing called electricity last year!

Caporegime
its around 11gb :eek:

You are having a laugh?!!?!

ELEVEN?! :eek:

Sodding hell this is going to take till the weekend atleast :( - Quick math calculation, thats a 2 days solid downloading at full speed for me :( - Which isn't really an option for me as people use the net all the time in my house. Blehhh....wonder if I can cane works connection and then take it home. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Soldato
You are having a laugh?!!?!

ELEVEN?! :eek:

Sodding hell this is going to take till the weekend atleast :( - Quick math calculation, thats a 2 days solid downloading at full speed for me :( - Which isn't really an option for me as people use the net all the time in my house. Blehhh....wonder if I can cane works connection and then take it home. Hmmm...

some of that is the source engine but if you have tf2 or another source game installed then it cuts down the download

Soldato
Boom!

screenshot20101006at094.png

Commissario
I've often wondered about the Civilisation games - I see that IV is available. Is it worth a punt?

/edit - Not that my Steam is even managing to connect right now *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom