Steam IS coming to OS X

Associate
some of that is the source engine but if you have tf2 or another source game installed then it cuts down the download

Not for me, I have TF2, and its showing 11GB, and its very slow compared to usual steam speed, added to the fact that steam keeps crashing for me :/

Ill be taking my ipad to work tonight to keep an eye on download via LogMeIn.

C.

Soldato
Not for me, I have TF2, and its showing 11GB, and its very slow compared to usual steam speed, added to the fact that steam keeps crashing for me :/

Ill be taking my ipad to work tonight to keep an eye on download via LogMeIn.

C.

it did show up as 11gb for me but it didnt download all of that ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, originally it said for me just under 8gb to download. Came in after a few hours last night to see it had started and had downloaded X amount of 11gb? :confused:

Meh, left it running anyway, be done by the time I get in tonight :)

Caporegime
Days, weeks... even months...

On the plus ill be up for some l4d2 on sunday :) got the download sorted last night when my internet decided to turn its self back on

Cool, Maybe we can get a L4D2 thread going? can someone sort out a vent server along with links to a mac vent client and then we can get some games going in the evening :)

I would do it but I'm busy at work.....busy...ish....

Gimme a minute :p

Soldato
I dunno what it is about left for dead but i can only play it for 10 minutes before getting bored. Same with the first one!

Even online?

Single missions are boring because the AI's are retarded and leave you to die!

Whats getting to me is the low frame rate, 30fps at 800x600 (i think?) and no eye candy.

Yet I can play MW2 in Windows Bootcamp with a little better settings...

Go Mac Mini!

Caporegime
"This game does not support your current graphics processor"

ffffuuuu.jpg

Not amused by this, going to be contacting valve today for either a fix or a refund :mad:

Back
Top Bottom