Steam link gaming thread.

Soldato
I play FPS on my monitor ,keyboard and mouse...when I have the time...

What are good games for chilling on the sofa?

Just got me a steam link in the sales...

I found any 3rd person console ports (aka full 360 controller support etc) worked perfectly well. First game i played through on mine was resident evil 4

Soldato
Subjectively good games are:

Witcher 3
Fallout 4
F1 2016
Football games (FIFA / PES - Choose your poison)

That's as far as I've got with playing games on my HTPC/Steam Link. Unfortunately now I've killed my gaming PC I can't do anything at all and try new games.

Associate
I bought ours for the smaller indie games like Life is Strange, Oxenfree, Firewatch etc. They are the kind of games my wife is more than happy to watch me play. We're currently working through Broken Age at the moment.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Does anyone know how to get either a 360 or an xbox one wireless contoller working with steam link. I want to get the wife into some games and I though something like Torchlight with local coop so we can both play.

Associate
Does anyone know how to get either a 360 or an xbox one wireless contoller working with steam link. I want to get the wife into some games and I though something like Torchlight with local coop so we can both play.

I use an xb360 wireless controller, you'll need the dongle that you would use to connect it to a pc but connect it to the link instead. Works great. I have heard that non microsoft dongles don't work as well but have no first hand experience of this.

Associate
Just ordered one from game, worth a punt for £16. Now need to source a long ass network cable, as I guess power plugs are garbage.

Soldato
No idea if it supports two at once, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't.
I can confirm that using an official wireless 360 pad works flawlessly.

Currently I'm playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown, but it's great for platformers too. Guacamelee, Fez, Mark of the Ninja etc....

Tried Dishonoured briefly, worked great with a pad.

I'm on a wired lan, and I've had no issues at all, but I hear games are effectively unplayable on a wireless connection.

Can't say enough good things about the Steam Link, the amount of functionally you get for such a small cost is brilliant.

Soldato
I bought one of these over the weekend from Steam as like one of the guys above I want to be able to play some games in the living room, and also get the wife involved in some co-op games. For £16 it's easily worth a punt IMO.

I bought Legos Batman 2, Star Wars Original Saga and the two Harry Potter games. Also Broforce, Nidhogg, Jump Jet Rex, Timberman and Hammerwatch.

Back
Top Bottom