Steam sale now .... Off

Soldato
Can someone give me an idea as to why these Persona games are so "overwhelmingly positive" on Steam? I have never played one in my life and am just wondering whether to.

I found persona 5 incredibly boring

The graphics style is really cool and combat is not bad - but what killed it for me is that about 80% of the game is just you reading text boxes to get to the 20% that's actually fun and there is a million text boxes so the game can easily take 100 hours to finish, of which like 10 or 15 hours will be combat

I much prefer a game like dragon quest 11 where much more of the game takes is combat

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Can someone give me an idea as to why these Persona games are so "overwhelmingly positive" on Steam? I have never played one in my life and am just wondering whether to.

They’re Jrpgs that are a mix of dungeon crawler with high school / dating sim / life elements. The games play have a ticking clock so you need to manage what you do well to allow stat progression which unlocks the various story arcs / character relationship routes, which ultimately determines the story's ending.

So combat plays only a small part of the overall game.

PS4 golden is my personal favourite.

They’re all on game pass if you have that.

These games are not for everyone but for those who like the genre, they’re amazing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Friend sent me a code for Terminator Resistance. Told me to give it a go as he thinks the reviews are wrong.

It's surprising. It's very Fallout-lite. Lockpicking is exactly the same as Fallout/Skyrim. It's got a very basic skill upgrade engine. Scavenging everything to make ammo, pipe bombs, medpacks. Graphics are not entirely great, but the lighting effects.. Yup. Sound is frankly what I want it to be. It's great. Get the headphones on and the volume up on this one.

It's still not cheap at £14, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Friend sent me a code for Terminator Resistance. Told me to give it a go as he thinks the reviews are wrong.

It's surprising. It's very Fallout-lite. Lockpicking is exactly the same as Fallout/Skyrim. It's got a very basic skill upgrade engine. Scavenging everything to make ammo, pipe bombs, medpacks. Graphics are not entirely great, but the lighting effects.. Yup. Sound is frankly what I want it to be. It's great. Get the headphones on and the volume up on this one.

Waiting for it to go humble bundle or sub £10 including the dlc myself.

Lii

Lii

Associate

I started Terminator last year and enjoyed it but i got distracted and have been meaning to go back to it.

Associate
Bought X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance. Already completed them when they first came out but thought I'd look at the modding updates made for them both (particularly the VR update for XW-A)

Soldato

It's a game I sort of dismissed out of hand without looking too much into it but when i finally played I understand the praise for it. It's not especially deep but it captures that future war feel perfectly.

Caporegime
Anyone got Football Manager? Currently on sale on steam. I’ve not played anything like it for over 15yrs and loved it last time. Thought it would be something good to play lunch time at work on the steam deck.
FM 2023? it's on gamepass if you have that.

terribly easy game and pretty dumb if you want to play as a crap team.
I've been in the prem with Gloucester for multiple seasons now... the club still won't let me build a new stadium... so I'm with a 7500 seater...
Barely any sponsors...

almost impossible to improve because my wage budget is so pathetic at 1.4mil p/w

zUZ0DAG.jpg

Finished 8th last season and got Europa conf league... board still won't let me build a new stadium.... you can only ask like once a season too...

Probably entertain you for a few seasons but doesn't seem designed so that people can improve a crap team, it's like the game wants to keep everything static no matter how many seasons you play, nothing really changes.

The much older games were better imo

Last edited:
Caporegime
FM 2023? it's on gamepass if you have that.

terribly easy game and pretty dumb if you want to play as a crap team.
I've been in the prem with Gloucester for multiple seasons now... the club still won't let me build a new stadium... so I'm with a 7500 seater...
Barely any sponsors...

almost impossible to improve because my wage budget is so pathetic at 1.4mil p/w

zUZ0DAG.jpg

Finished 8th last season and got Europa conf league... board still won't let me build a new stadium.... you can only ask like once a season too...

Probably entertain you for a few seasons but doesn't seem designed so that people can improve a crap team, it's like the game wants to keep everything static no matter how many seasons you play, nothing really changes.

The much older games were better imo
Hmmmm thanks....

Where can i get an older copy ? and which year was the best one?

Back
Top Bottom