Steam sale now .... Off

Soldato
100% I bought a Rift just to play Alyx, then punted it on again after. It's an incredible game, and the story is top notch.

Definitely wouldn't want to play it on KB/Mouse, it is in my opinion the gold standard of VR games.
I did the same @mrk 100% worth it and apart from beat saber I haven't touched another VR game, it's ridiculous. My rift s is sat collecting dust I should think about selling it too tbh.

Hoping they release it for PSVR2 as that'll make me buy that if they do!

Last edited:
Associate
I did the same @mrk 100% worth it and apart from beat saber I haven't touched another VR game, it's ridiculous. My rift s is sat collecting dust I should think about selling it too tbh.

Hoping they release it for PSVR2 as that'll make me buy that if they do!
So, can i play half life Alyx with VR, sat in a chair? Or do i have it stand up and move around falling over furniture, running into walls and punching family members like they do on youtube? :cry:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Damn, thought it was on for longer. I wanted Cyberpunk for £25. Can get a GOG key but I have no other games on the platform so can't be bothered with yet another launcher.

Soldato
Remember the days this would be a big thing. Now barely anyone cares due to cdkey sites.

The pricing seems to have completely changed in recent years. It takes much longer for the price of a game to fall and it never seems to really fall by much. I bought literally hundreds of games for pennies, back in the day, but nowadays, you just can't do that.

Soldato
GOG is the best platform in all honesty
GOG just repackage games so they work on Windows 10/11. However sometimes they remove content and the games work worse!
Please just play the originals on something like PCem with emulated period hardware.

Even GOG cannot emulate things like 3dfx and AWE properly as use DOSbox with crappy wrappers. The graphics and sound ends up a complete mess sometimes or doesnt work at all

Emulating an MMX P200 or P233 with AWE32, 64GB RAM and Voodoo 1 is far better than using a re-packaged hash of a game with some wrapper and Soundblaster 16.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, can i play half life Alyx with VR, sat in a chair? Or do i have it stand up and move around falling over furniture, running into walls and punching family members like they do on youtube? :cry:
you want the fullexpirence right?? while your at it please throw your controller at your nice ndew 50" tv you purchased last month accidetally :p

I didnt get anything this time round, i was going to but ultimatly i need to save for a new pc and a few other items.
i have to much content as it is.

Associate
you want the fullexpirence right?? while your at it please throw your controller at your nice ndew 50" tv you purchased last month accidetally :p

I didnt get anything this time round, i was going to but ultimatly i need to save for a new pc and a few other items.
i have to much content as it is.
Well... my 50" plasma is getting a bit long in the tooth.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think they need to stop this sales nonsense and just reduce the prices, they way they used to do things years ago.

I rarely buy direct from steam now. Cdkeys price is typically cheaper all year round than their sales price. I used buy loads on their steam sales before. But my guess this model is more profitable for them. Otherwise their sales would suffer throughout the year when no sales are on as people would just wait.

I now see steam as the premium priced storefront for the clueless.

But say I want BG3 on steam, won't find that on key sites at a decent price. Same with Diablo 4. Waiting for them to drop to £35 before I touch them. Too many games to play to pay more than that.

Caporegime
CDKeys I would never ever trust, I have it switched off on the price checker website. I prefer to deal direct with Steam as I'm a sucker for the Steam Points shop, buying all kinds of backgrounds and profile upgrades.

Associate
CDKeys I would never ever trust, I have it switched off on the price checker website. I prefer to deal direct with Steam as I'm a sucker for the Steam Points shop, buying all kinds of backgrounds and profile upgrades.
https://augmentedsteam.com/ might be worth a look, and it won't pull data from lesser trusted sites as it's working off data from isthereanydeal.com, so no CDkeys. Then if you don't care about the difference you can just continue and buy through steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom