Steam Summer Sale 2016 set for 23rd June for two weeks

Associate
I know what you mean, now it's the same deals throughout the sale, so check on day 1 and it's all over. It's a shame, they used to be much more interesting than they are now.

Yeah. I think they had to abandon this approach when they introduced their refund policy. They probably didn't want to have to deal with the extra hassle of so many people refunding something they bought during the 'normal sale' for 50% off to just buy it straight away again during a flash sale for 75% off.

GOG took an interesting approach with their recent sale. They didn't put everything up on day 1, they just added more each day to keep people coming back to check for updates.

Soldato
You get the odd bargain or hidden gem pop up you would otherwise not have thought twice about, that's what I like about the Steam sales.

A few years back Trine 2 was on special on the homepage, never heard of it but I liked the look of the screenshots and trailer, thought why not, grabbed it for a few quid and absolutely fell in love with the series :)

Soldato
It's really only stuff that you can't get keys for elsewhere that I'm interested in. Like GTA V, which I want on Steam, yet you can only get Rockstar Social Club keys from other places. Same with The Witcher 3 and anything from Ubisoft. Got almost £30 in my wallet from selling cards, so the bulk of that will likely go on GTA.

Associate
going to be out of connection during that period. dont know if its a blessing or a curse at least my wallet will remain fat

Associate
Yeah. I think they had to abandon this approach when they introduced their refund policy. They probably didn't want to have to deal with the extra hassle of so many people refunding something they bought during the 'normal sale' for 50% off to just buy it straight away again during a flash sale for 75% off.

GOG took an interesting approach with their recent sale. They didn't put everything up on day 1, they just added more each day to keep people coming back to check for updates.

I suppose that makes sense, like GOG they should really look into spicing things up abit, right now it just too dull.

Soldato
Steam sale. I think I've never been more 'meh' about it in my life.

It'll be the usual massive reductions on stuff everyone owns already... and without flash sales, little point in re-checking it after day 1.

Soldato
Would be good so see a return for Flash Sales.

I realise that's unlikely with the refund rules now, but perhaps they could hold back some of the sale items so that it's not all there straight away.

I don't buy much in the Steam Sale (got too many unplayed titles already), but I enjoy the excitement.

Soldato
I might buy a few Train Sim DLC if it goes on sales, there is SO MUCH.

Maybe a few indie games or SOMETHING with a upgrade/unlock path. I do love them.

Also hoping for IL-2 Sturmovik to go on sale.. Game has it for £15 but it's a DVD..

Back
Top Bottom