Steam Summer Sale 2017 - 22nd June

Associate
I think I've bought enough games this sale now.

This is the games I've gotten this far:
Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Sleeping Dogs: Definite Edition
Middle-Eart: Shadows of Mordor
Dragon Age: Origins
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition
Mafia 2
Football Manager 2017
Crysis Collection
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Bundle
Doom

And through CDKeys I did get Battlefield Hardline.

Now it is just time to wait for my new fiberoptics to be installed so I can start enjoy gaming and downloading the games for real. Having a ****** line where if I'm lucky get a speed of 4mb...
In a couple of weeks I'm getting an engineer to come and install the last bits for my 100mb fibreoptics that should go live soon as well.

Any one who can recommend some other games to prepare for the next sale?

Soldato
Bought a game for a friend, haven't had any feedback yet sadly.

Yes, I bought him Panzermadels... look it up on Steam if you feel brave ;)
Some great genuine reviews too:

“More anti-feminist filth from game industry. Tank-dating simulators objectify tanks, reducing them to sexual objects.”
Brianna Wu

“Poland is more or less Meg Griffin, and the other tanks treat her as such (“shut up, Poland”).”
8/10 – OP Noobs

“It is illegal to have sex with a sentient military-owned tank in Japan. A private tank is fair, but a military tank can’t consent and it’s considered defamation of military property... Even if she’s super flirty and very much interested in you.”
War Is Boring

Soldato
I'm done.

Evolution Pinball VR
Redout dlc's
Zaccaria VR+tables
High Clear VR
Drums Hero
Vector 36
The Golf Club VR
Distance
Sub Level Zero
Motorbike
Doom 3 BFG
Battlezone
Tinertia
To the Top
IL2- Sturmovik
Keep Talking And nobody Explodes
Eleven Table Tennis
Roller Girls From Beyond
Tethered

Only sadness is all those games at 50-75% off in the non VR bracket I couldn't bring myself to buy, because it's extremely doubtful I would ever play them.

Associate
Well I can't make my mind up whether to get Fallout 4 DLC Far Harbor and Nuka-world, or get Totalwar warhammer?

I have already bought IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow - Premium Edition and some DLC,

Soldato
I've had to pry myself away from the sales as I was getting a bit carried away.

Borderlands 2 GOTY
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Metro Redux (and sequel)
This is the Police
The Turing Test
Tomb Raider 2013

Should keep me going for a while.

Soldato
Ahhh, I now want to buy Squad and Arma 3, but I feel I would waste them.

Really wish these games had demos to try first, I only played ARMA 2 for a handful of hours and I did enjoy it.

Going over my budget when there are two other games I want, but the sale!

Soldato
Ahhh, I now want to buy Squad and Arma 3, but I feel I would waste them.

Really wish these games had demos to try first, I only played ARMA 2 for a handful of hours and I did enjoy it.

Going over my budget when there are two other games I want, but the sale!
Abuse the refund policy, we all do it :D

Nice way to demo 2hrs of a game

Soldato
I've ended up with

Overcooked
Day of Infamy
Hyperlight Drifter
Banished
Rakuen
Battleblock Theatre
Trine 2
Dust an Elysian tale

And I dunno I feel I'm missing a big substantial game, maybe a RPG or something but should probably leave it here.

Soldato
Abuse the refund policy, we all do it :D

Nice way to demo 2hrs of a game

Just spent a hour or so playing ARMA3. Spent 30 minutes in the garage testing different vehicles and aircraft and found them to be pretty easy to use. Some of the controls are a little confusing, finished that and started the tutorial and was blown away by the graphics once the VR section was finished, also really happy that my PC can run it with some decent FPS too, just a few minutes of that and that convinced me that I should buy this game.

Now, I just need to decide on Squad.

Caporegime
Not bought anything this time. Discounts are really stingy. Like 20% off stuff that's been around for over two years.

Probably the first Steam sale ever I've not spent a single penny. Plenty of games I don't have, want even, but the discounts were not enough to impulse buy them.

£10-20 is too much for me to impulse buy something I'm not sure about. Wish we still had the flash sales of previous Steam sale events.

Caporegime
Don't wait on this as it won't happen for a long time. The devs said this game will not be hitting any sales as they feel the game is worth what they have created. I'd just say buy it, the game is brilliant.
Every dev could say that about their game. Esp the ones that cost millions to make.

But as time goes by, if they stick to their guns and refuse to discount the game, all they will do is cost themselves sales.

Coz you know, after a couple years, everybody who is going to buy your game full price already has done. If you never lower the price eventually your sales just dry up.

That is generally the way it works with every single game on the market, so why they think they are any different I have no idea. The older a game is, the less it's worth. Just the way it is.

Soldato
I just caved and bought Grim Dawn. Guess I'm going to be overrun with ARPGs in the coming weeks as I bought Diablo 3 and the RoS expansion yesterday as they're also currently on offer.

Back
Top Bottom