Steam Summer Sale 2018

Soldato
This year's summer sale I believe is Thursday 6pm (which will explain why no weekly this week).

Yes I know they are as not as good as they used to be...

But still, I normally pick up a few titles and you will find a few titles that are cheaper in the sale than the grey market (not many but a few!).

Normally I grab 1 AAA title and a handful of indie games that I either had on the wishlist, or didn't know about until the sale :)

Let's see what this one brings.

Soldato
OP
I am just reaching the end of Dying Light as it happens. I decided to see a game through!

It is really good. But then so is pizza lol....

Soldato
OP
I'll just be looking at my wishlist for stuff to get if there's good offers.

Kinda hoping Factorio isn't on offer as I bought it 2 days ago :)
Pretty sure the Factorio guys said they will never put their game into sale as it's worth full price.

Soldato
OP
Re the Steam hardware. Although it's not advertised on the GAME website...

Normally during Steam sales the discounted hardware is available at the same price at GAME stores which negates that rather large postage expense.

*edit* I don't think GAME are doing it this sale by the looks.

Soldato
OP
Somewhat interested in it now that they have removed the micro transactions crap, but not at that price. If I ever run out of things to play, may grab it. By then it will be a lot cheaper too :)

Right now I am considering getting:

Yakuza 0
Quantum Break
Salt and Sanctuary
Darkwood
Forgot about Darkwood... Cheapest price it's been as well according to Enhanced Steam. Might have to grab it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cracking game that and the first new old school type game I've completed.

I'm being conservative too in my spending given the size my library has grown to over the past couple of years. Picked up The Void (£1.39) and Welcome to Hanwell (£2.32).

For all those considering Quantum Break - do it! It's worth suffering it's lacklustre performance for the story which brilliant. The best story told in gaming outside of the Bioshock trilogy for me.
Slain was awesome, really enjoyed that as well.

Back
Top Bottom