***Steam Winter Sale 2020***

I mean, Steam have matched Epic for core price ..like RDR2 - £36 and Horizon Zero Dawn - £32, but the thing is, on Epic you can then use the voucher to knock another £10 off both those titles and make them £26 and £22.

Maybe go for these:

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus £4.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt £7.49
Kerbal Space Program £7.49

I'm not planning to play Witcher 3 until its 'remastered' update comes sometime next year. Still a good idea to buy now though?

Yeah, The New Colossus for a fiver is tempting.

Hellbound for £5.69 is another worth picking up if you like FPS.

Will have to check out reviews for Elderborn as that's also on sale for about the same price ~£5.

I can highly recommend Holdfast at 60% off, a hilariously funny 150-player 19th century war sim with slow-reloading weapons (this is not CoD), players holding raves inside the houses whilst the enemy team advances, and the recent addition of reindeers for officers to ride around on.

Grab a headset and come and join the fun.

These threads are an excuse for other members to talk about the good old steam sales and/or take a dump on them now. It's boring seeing the same posts about it.

Tedious isn't it, had to wade through so many posts. Not quite sure why everyone feels the need to join a discussion about a steam sale to tell everyone they're not interested in a steam sale. I don't think the steam sales were ever as good as people seem to remember anyway, there were just less other places to get bargains.

And yes, suprise surprise grey market sellers like cdkeys are always going to be cheaper...

To be fair though, this forum (and indeed any discussion forum) would last less than a month if everyone had to only comment in a thread strictly on the topic and never post their thoughts, opinions or feelings on the subject matter. It would be a terribly robotic, inhuman and lifeless place and frankly would be far more tedious to me than having to scroll past a few posts. Having said that, I do speak from a position of bias as I'm against all forms of censorship or someone telling someone else what is right or wrong for them to say, theres already too much of that sort of thing in all walks of life imo, we should seek to minimize it rather than encourage it.

However, you are quite right thinking about it, probably is a lot of rose tinted happening with past steam sales because of there being more places to buy these days, Steam had a monopoly for so long.

Back
Top Bottom