Stella??

Bah!, gave up drinking Lager (or cat pee) years ago, the only decent one I will drink is Sol. You want some proper ale.. ;)

Either that or the golden nectar that is Magners... Yumm! :)

It is the worst lager available.

Surely the worst lager available is somewhere between Carling and Tesco Value lager (which I haven't tried)? Even a Stella hater can't say it's the worst lager - it doesn't taste 'off' and it's got a healthy strength to it.

I bought a 12 pack of Tesco 'Imported Premium Lager' the other day for £7 and it's actually really good. Certainly better than Stella. Google suggest it's actually Grolsch but I'm taking that with a huge mound of salt.

Most foreign beers are nice - I've been drinking Bittberger a lot recently. Very mellow.

Surely the worst lager available is somewhere between Carling and Tesco Value lager (which I haven't tried)? Even a Stella hater can't say it's the worst lager - it doesn't taste 'off' and it's got a healthy strength to it.

I rate it somewhere below Carlsberg, which is as bad as lagers get. Even Lidl unheard-of brands don't taste as bad. They just taste of weak lager rather than chemicals. I'd rather drink XXXX or SKOL.

Stella is alright if you are just having a couple of drinks, anymore than that and it makes me feel really bloated. On a night out it'll be either Carling extra cold or Fosters, depending on what they have on tap. Saying that, every lager that I've drank since getting back from holiday tastes mank, I just need to find somewhere that sells Kamenitza over here now, that stuff is lush.

If I drink Stella I get a massive hangover in the morning. But if I drink a decent quality lager then it's not so bad... too many chemicals in Stella.

Weird, I normally drink Stella and i'm fine but I had 3 bottles of Bud the other night and I woke up feeling reallllly hungover, spent the day lounging around wondering when I was about to be sick!

Lots of the other lagers mentioned here I can't get in any of the pubs near me. My local used to sell 1664 but replaced it with Heineken :(
I rarely drink lager unless I'm in a pub so rarely drink Grolsh, Bud etc. Bud is nice though :)

I'm more of a cider drink at heart ;)

Baz said:
Bah!, gave up drinking Lager (or cat pee) years ago, the only decent one I will drink is Sol.

Sol is a poor mans Corona, not quite as bad as Desperados but getting close. Without lime Sol is vile, with it the drink is just about palatable, Corona can be drunk without lime so must be the better drink. :)

Weird, I normally drink Stella and i'm fine but I had 3 bottles of Bud the other night and I woke up feeling reallllly hungover, spent the day lounging around wondering when I was about to be sick!

Budweiser or Budvar? One of them is a hangover drink because you can't handle anything stronger and the other is a really tasty Czech lager which may give you the hangover to cure with the bland American derivative. :p

Back
Top Bottom