Stella??

Man of Honour
I don't mind paying a bit extra for a lager that tastes nice and is slightly stronger.

I agree 100% with you. But Stella doesn't taste nice.

Carling, Fosters, Budweiser and Carlsberg are all cheep but fowl.
I hope to god that was done on purpose (and I don't find Carling that bad, nor Bud. Drinkable when cold, which is more than can be said for Stella/Carlsberg).

Soldato
Has anyone tried Artois Bock???

Was very hard to find until I stumbled across a small stash of single bottles in Tesco.

VERY NICE!!!

Just opened another bottle of this Artois Bock, I think it's REALLY nice.

It's 6.2% so the potential to get battered is quite high, but I think it's a great beer to taste.

It's a very unusual taste and it's really grown on me!

Has anyone else tried it?

I like all the Artois group of beers, Stella, Peeterman and now Bock. I bought these from Tesco, but I'd been looking for them for a while! 84p for a 275ml bottle so not the cheapest, you can't buy a crate or even a 4 pack, but it's VERY tasty indeed!

Anyone agree?

TRY IT :D

http://www.specialitybeerselection.co.uk/home/brands/artois/artois_bock/

"Artois Bock mysteriously disappeared from brewing history late in the1950s. Now, following the chance discovery of the original recipe at the brewery's confidential archives, Artois Bock is being brewed once more."
People need to try this and let me know what that think.

Especially those who don't like stella :)

/edit on topic...those Stellas will probably be the same strength as they were before the date ran out. But if you left them ages I'd say they would get stronger. And more disgusting.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone tried Artois Bock???

Was very hard to find until I stumbled across a small stash of single bottles in Tesco.

VERY NICE!!!

"Artois Bock mysteriously disappeared from brewing history late in the1950s. Now, following the chance discovery of the original recipe at the brewery's confidential archives, Artois Bock is being brewed once more."
People need to try this and let me know what that think.

Especially those who don't like stella :)

/edit on topic...those Stella's will probably be the same strength as they were before the date ran out. But if you left them ages I'd say they would get stronger. And more disgusting.

I'll try my Tesco on the way home and get back to you.

Associate
The Bock stuff is good gear and is very nice on draught if you can find it. It still has a taste of Stella about it though. Peeterman is a good light beer which has a similar taste to Stella and is perfect if you want to sink a few beers, but not get ****eyed. :)

I love them all. :D

Associate
The Bock stuff is good gear and is very nice on draught if you can find it. It still has a taste of Stella about it though. Peeterman is a good light beer which has a similar taste to Stella and is perfect if you want to sink a few beers, but not get ****eyed. :)

Well I was looking forward to trying it.

Just been badly put off.

Soldato

I will defo hunt that down on draught!! Lovely stuff :D

I fully agree with you on the peeterman, I also love the free glass when you buy an 8 pack of peeterman from Threshers!!! :)

I now have 4 of those glasses lol and they are great :D

G

Back
Top Bottom