Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
This game causes me stress :p

sent my 9.5k fleet against an enemy 6k starbase, nice and easy you would think.
shields down, armour gone, got it to 10% hp and an enemy 7k fleet turns up, no problem i thought finish the starbase who is now at 7% ish hp then deal with the fleet, but noooooooo
Paradox in there infinite wisdom decide you cant pick who to attack so my fleet targets the enemy fleet leaving the station so now im taking damage from 13k of fleet and station combined.
had to retreat with 4.5k left -.-

We really should be able to tell ships what to target :p

Man of Honour
Would you guys say this is a good buy for a noob of this style of game?

CDKeys have the full Galaxy Edition for £13.99, I'll likely suck at this game as I'm not great at strategy but I do enjoy a good space game and enjoy something to sink my teeth into :)

Edit: is the Add On game needed or not out of the box, or get it later?

Soldato
Would you guys say this is a good buy for a noob of this style of game?

CDKeys have the full Galaxy Edition for £13.99, I'll likely suck at this game as I'm not great at strategy but I do enjoy a good space game and enjoy something to sink my teeth into :)

Edit: is the Add On game needed or not out of the box, or get it later?

Take a look at some let's play on YouTube, Hadrian and Aavak are good. That will give you an idea if you're going to like it.

If I were stranded on a desert island and was allowed just one game to take, it'd probably be this!

Permabanned
War exhaustion is also going be changed, no more auto peace

This has got to change. I was fighting some robot terminators kicking ass all over the place but for some reason my war exhaustion was higher than theirs? Anyway, out of the blue robot guy is like 'ok we've had enough, peace between us' and winds up taking back half his sectors before I had a chance to invade his planets!!

Now I have to withdraw and wait another 10 years :rolleyes:

Associate
Atm I am giving this a break war exhaustion is broken it seems even in a defensive war with me destroying the enemy fleets they get almost zero added and I get tons.

To be clear there fleet is smashed down to under 10k before they retreat I only lose 30% , I think any retreat should hold a penalty to war exhaustion.

Associate
I think If you opt in for the new beta war exhaustion has changed. In my mp game I was at 100% with the ai and I kept on going till I got my planet back then sued for peace.

Associate
I think If you opt in for the new beta war exhaustion has changed. In my mp game I was at 100% with the ai and I kept on going till I got my planet back then sued for peace.

Yeah I was using the patch it was just a problem with him not getting any even thou i'm destroying his fleet.

Soldato
Really enjoying this update. The war exhaustion needs some balancing but overall i like it.
Just a heads up; something i just discovered is that if you repair a gateway, all other gateways, regardless of state, the influence cost counts as being one jump away for the purpose of building starports. You do have to get your construction ship to make the journey to the other side of the map though.

Associate
Yeah I was using the patch it was just a problem with him not getting any even thou i'm destroying his fleet.
Was he a militaristic race, they get 20% less war exhaustion. Also the formula for war exhaustion is done on fleet capacity.

Example: you have fleet cap of 30, your ai opponent has fleet cap of 50.

You both lose 15 ships in a battle. Even if you win the skirmish you lost a higher percentage of your fleet cap thus your war exhaustion will be more than the ai.

What I don’t like is the ai can take a planet
But does not need to keep an army there to hold it. Think they should have to garrison a planet to hold it.

Back
Top Bottom