Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Permabanned
oh i have no doubt it was bad luck and a fallen empire, I've never seen them attack so early though (literally you've met someone, close screen. Declared war instantly). its really annoying as the start of the game is so slow and pretty boring, and end game wasn't exciting, they have improved that slightly but not enough for £15

You probably colonized one of their holy worlds prior to meeting them.

Soldato
I've been pretty hooked on this game for the last month or so, takes a bit of a while to learn a good deal of stuff.

I've mostly played solo or co-op with a friend from Uni as these games take hours and hours. Has anyone actually managed a multiplayer game yet? Can't see how these would work as you might get lucky and get a group which you can play for say 6 hours, but then to try and arrange to continue must be a nightmare?

Soldato
Just picked this up myself today as was in need of a bit of a distraction and it was surprisingly cheap. Looks like it could be great fun though!

Soldato
Finding this game a decent distraction at the moment, looking forward to the Apocalypse expansion, but find the lack of ground combat a bit of a let down.

Associate
This is available in current Humble bundle at circa £8.64 with other games, including highly rated CRPG, Pillars of Eternity.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018

Is the base game “good” as I remember a lot of comments from first release about the first few hours of a game having stuff to do then it just seems to fizzle out?

Also from a background of loving the old MOO2 game, and also Ascendancy i think it was, is this “similar” or much more involved. For example I just couldn’t get into CK2 as I play quite sporadically and felt that game needed more intensive learning period and put into practice to “get it”

Cheers

Associate
Is the base game “good” as I remember a lot of comments from first release about the first few hours of a game having stuff to do then it just seems to fizzle out?

Also from a background of loving the old MOO2 game, and also Ascendancy i think it was, is this “similar” or much more involved. For example I just couldn’t get into CK2 as I play quite sporadically and felt that game needed more intensive learning period and put into practice to “get it”

Cheers

The wider group will have to answer you. I'm afraid I haven't played Stellaris, just wanted to raise awareness of the deal in case it was of interest to others.

Soldato

Cheers
Can't really comment on that but hopefully these threads answer your question

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/6djd3d/for_those_who_are_curious_about_the_game_or_dlc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/...etic_dawn_was_recently_released_so_heres_the/

Also there will be a number of changes to the base game as detailed here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/7o34yh/summary_of_dev_diaries_and_changes_coming_in/

Man of Honour
Am absolutely loving the new dlc and patch... it's made an already brilliant game even better!
Indeed, although I wouldn't call the original brilliant.
So much harder though. Travel time is now a major thing, space isbig and you need far more flowers spread out.

Spaceports arealos important now.

Back
Top Bottom