Still Wakes The Deep (June 18th, UE5)

It's not the first time that we have seen Game Pass versions of a game with technical limitations either sadly.

On the upside, you could use the UE internal upscaling at 65-85% scaling if you needed to.

I did wonder why DLSS wasn't available. What a silly situation. Is there a lot of benefit with DLSS over TSR? TSR seems to be ok for me so far honestly.

It seems to have been implemented decently in this so if TSR is working ok for the performance on your system then you won't really be missing out on much else it seems. There's no foliage in the game etc to see any temporal motion blurring and stuff that you'd normally get with internal/FSR/XeSS which is clean with DLSS, for example.

After seeing how short this was last night will be one to pick up when it's on a huge discount, visually it looked stunning and has some of the best VA work of recent games, not bad at all for a 'AA' game.

As this is UE5 and a great slow paced tense setting, sounds perfect for the UEVR mod. Going to try it out, anyone else? On a side note it seems like there's hardly any VR gamers on here which is a shame....

Last edited:
By the way, for any of you fellow non 4000 Nvidia users wanting decent frame gen but with DLSS upscaling, Nukem9's usual mod doesn't work on its own BUT the latest version of "DLSS enabler" does so you can have FSR3 FG but better quality DLSS upscaling! (In game the FSR3 FG is not decoupled from FSR upscaling unfortunately. Why I don't know, Ghost of Tsushima manged it).

The in game FSR frame gen also feels jittery and no where near as smooth as the mod! Yet again modders win and paid devs suck balls.

Last edited:
As this is UE5 and a great slow paced tense setting, sounds perfect for the UEVR mod. Going to try it out, anyone else? On a side note it seems like there's hardly any VR gamers on here which is a shame....
Going to try this out at the weekend. Fingers crossed that it works well. I'll be more than happy playing on pad.

Yes this among other bugs are known to the devs and the patch will fix them I've been told.
Good, I'm enjoying it a lot and its great to hear some accents that you dont often hear in media for a change but I hate subtitles on in games like this as it breaks the immersion for me, hopefully they will fix it soon

This looks great, just my Thing so will be getting this over the weekend.

BTW, don't watch the preview video on Steam, it gives too many spoilers in my opinion.

How big is the Steam download? It says 9GB space required, so a bit less with download compression?

It's not as good a game as I was hoping for, and has some statistically improbable DEI casting and 'faaaaar rooooight' bullshittery in the opening segments, which really really irked me. Can they not even leave an oil rig in the north sea (set in the 1970s!) alone for ***** sake?

It's worth a play though as it's short. As it's by the Chinese Room devs, after this I went back and played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which I've had in my steam library since it came out years ago and never properly played. Now that is good.

Last edited:
It's not as good a game as I was hoping for, and has some statistically improbable DEI casting and 'faaaaar rooooight' bullshittery in the opening segments, which really really irked me. Can they not even leave an oil rig in the north sea (set in the 1970s!) alone for ***** sake?

It's worth a play though as it's short. As it's by the Chinese Room devs, after this I went back and played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which I've had in my steam library since it came out years ago and never properly played. Now that is good.
Hmm downloading this later - lets hope you are wrong..( I want this to be good )

Back
Top Bottom