Still Wakes The Deep (June 18th, UE5)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Interesting, I think they forgot something, I checked the directory after the patch and there's no dlssd.dll file indicating that Ray Reconstruction would not work even though the option to toggle is in the menu.

I then tested it:

It does nothing..... Which tracks since there's no RR dll file lol.

Verified also by the fact that the RT denoising garbling still exists which RR would have cleaned up and the fps remains exactly the same too.

Someone has messed up there.

Soldato
Interesting, I think they forgot something, I checked the directory after the patch and there's no dlssd.dll file indicating that Ray Reconstruction would not work even though the option to toggle is in the menu.

I then tested it:

It does nothing..... Which tracks since there's no RR dll file lol.

Verified also by the fact that the RT denoising garbling still exists which RR would have cleaned up and the fps remains exactly the same too.

Someone has messed up there.

Good detective work!

Game devs in 2024 eh, it's a wonder they can manage to put their shoes on I imagine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato
I didn't see anything in the options for ray reconstruction.

I've completed it now and I really enjoyed it. I think it's a highly underrated game/experience and would make a good movie, helped by the fact I'm Glaswegian so I didn't need subtitles :D.

As far as replayability goes I don't think it has much, the same way that I wouldn't watch a movie for years after seeing it. I took around 6.5 hours to complete which is short for a game but there's no filler so it's only a slight negative.

Oh yea, I never want to work on an oil rig, ever!

Back
Top Bottom