• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Stock Cooler Removal Information **

Associate
I contacted Zotac and they said you can remove stock cooler. Will post reply when I get home.
No. Zotac, Gigabyte, and PNY will do as well, as far as I'm aware. As long as you don't remove a warranty void if removed sticker and there's nothing about it in their warranty terms, it's officially supported.

Not allowed according to their warranty policy
vsUuJwi.png
https://www.zotac.com/gb/page/product-warranty-policy

This also seems to be the case for EU.

Last edited:
Associate
Not allowed according to their warranty policy
vsUuJwi.png
https://www.zotac.com/gb/page/product-warranty-policy

This also seems to be the case for EU.

From Zotac

Eurotech <[email protected]>
Wed, Sep 9, 4:50 PM

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Customer,

You won’t lose warranty by replacing a waterblock cooler, unless you will break the card in process.

When the card will break then, you will have to assemble it back for RMA processing.

If you have any other question, Please ask
1f60a

Kindest regards,

Eurotech Team

Soldato
Just had confirmation back from Gigabyte that any disassembly of the product voids the warranty and you would need to take it up with the retailer you purchased the product from.

Soldato
I can guarantee Zotac do not allow removal of stock cooler as I had a Zotac card once and it went faulty. Sent it back to them and they said I had removed the cooler so it broke the warranty. They could tell at the time as they used painted screws that were marked when using a screwdriver. (I had put an AC cooler on but this didnt cause the fault)

Associate
I've had the same email from Zotac support, which completely contradicts the website.

Hi Andrew,

Replacing the cooler will not invalidate the warranty.

Please do keep the old cooler however, as if you need to return the card for any reason, it will need to be returned with the original cooler attached.

Kindest regards,

Eurotech Team

Associate
I've had the same email from Zotac support, which completely contradicts the website.
i would go with the email you have been sent, i have been in contact with MSI over the years about cooler removal and had the email to confirm it does not invalidate warranty, but it always opens the debate on weather they say the card has been damaged by removal if it goes wrong.

Associate
It generally means that if you remove / replace the cooler they are not responsible for any damage resulting from inadequate cooling or caused during removal / replacement of the cooler. They should normally still be responsible for underlying manufacturing faults / issues.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had confirmation back from Gigabyte that any disassembly of the product voids the warranty and you would need to take it up with the retailer you purchased the product from.

Has anyone returned a formerly water-blocked card that has had the stock cooler remounted (properly remounted, and not some catastrophic tim smeared mess) to gigabyte and had their RMA refused? it's difficult to find positives as people only really complain about issues they have or are having, and a lot look self created.

Also if anyone knows,

I eventually got a 3080 vision (hooray) and its super fast compared to the 1660ti, but its like sitting next to the hoover when gaming. I didn't intend to get the vision, but I have been without card since early September when I sold mine thinking I would snap up my upgrade. So when it appeared I jumped at it for £800.

I already have a custom waterloop, So I was looking at blocks such as https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...abyte-gaming-eagle-water-block-wc-0bq-ac.html

This doesn't specifically say Vision compatible, but some of the Chinese sites are selling Barrow blocks that claim to be compatible with "Gigabyte RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G Gigabyte RTX 3080 EAGLE OC 10G Gigabyte RTX 3080 VISION OC 10G" compatible.

I guess I'm probably best contacting Alphacool direct.

Associate
Just a word of warning, Overclockers WILL NOT honour RMAs for damaged graphics cards that have had the sticker damaged or removed regardless of what their sticky thread says.
"Warranty sticker on screw head for retention bracket has been tampered/damaged. Card appears to have been waterblocked. Warranty Void."
I had an issue with a 3090 Strix the left most power socket died, but because of this Overclockes will not honour RMA. I've spent over 3k in the past year at Overclockers for my machine alone, another 1k for a friends machine. Never again will I use Overclockers.

Soldato
Asus is one of the brands that doesn't allow cooler removal though. If OCUK warranty that then they loose out as Asus won't cover it.

This is the reason I won't water cool a graphics card and the ones that are fitted with water blocks command to much if a premium.

Back
Top Bottom