Stolen iPhone X

Soldato
Druggie for sure.

That said, get some friends, go around there.

Or contact Yorkshire Police and make a complaint that a hate crime has been committed or something at this address. I bet they be around there in a flash.

In the end, people really should be careful with their £1000 phones...

Soldato
Just go round with a few of your big mates and a baseball bat, it's not rocket science. Stalk the place out first to make sure they're not built like a brick **** house

Soldato
Log into your Twitter account and say some mean words to someone and then when the Police immediately come round say it must have been done via the stolen phone and you know where it is.

Soldato
For Law Enforcement, on a technical level it comes down to how accurate the GPS signal is. Not forgetting that your SPOCs can request for triangulation details from the service provider, which, combined with FindMyiPhone can usually be accurate to 5m with good satellite signal. Failing that, the FindMyiPhone function can be used to force the device to emit a very loud annoying beep which should further allow nearby units to track it down before the suspect destroys or silences it.

If Wireless details are known you can also use these to directionally-establish and pinpoint locations of hardware.

In reality though, it's such a minor offence and so common an occurrence that it would take far more resources than it is worth for what, in essence, should be an insured piece of property. The Police are stretched to breaking point and usually go after the cases where it matters most - rape, CEOP/IIOC, murder, trafficking, serious fraud, banned substances etc.

Soldato
In reality though, it's such a minor offence and so common an occurrence that it would take far more resources than it is worth for what, in essence, should be an insured piece of property. The Police are stretched to breaking point and usually go after the cases where it matters most - rape, CEOP/IIOC, murder, trafficking, serious fraud, banned substances etc.

You forgot policing twitter..

Soldato
Looks terrible, even as crackdens go.

I would expect that phone to be passed on to the nearest cash buyer fairly soon. Would i go there to get my phone back?

Probably not. Given the state of the place, whoever lives there likely is desperate and unpredictable - not worth the risk

Soldato
Work colleague's brother had his phone stolen last night, he knows exactly where it is because of find my iPhone, called 101 but they just gave him a crime reference number and they aren't even going to bother going to look at the address it says its at.

Why?!

Why didn't he just say the thief called him a nasty name when they stole the phone and report it as a hate crime? ARVs would be dispatched instantly and doors would be kicked in post haste.

Soldato
Are you sure it was stolen rather than just picked up off the floor?

Most thieves are smart enough to turn the phone off after they have taken it.

I would just go round and ask for it back.... if they say no at least you will have confirmation which address it is and the rozzers are more likely to act.

Man of Honour
:rolleyes:

The problem arises around the accuracy of find my iPhone. It's not accurate enough to believe that it's in only one address. That makes power of entry tricky.

Years ago we would have investigated thefts like these, but it's just not a priority these days.

Modern phones are very accurate even indoors. If I use Google's find my phone feature I can locate it to an accuracy of 2 metres inside a building. Once nearby anyway you can initiate a ring command so the phone makes a noise making it even easier to locate. The lack of accuracy excuse only applied to the olden days where GPS satellites and receivers in devices weren't as reliable.

Soldato

The problem arises around the accuracy of find my iPhone. It's not accurate enough to believe that it's in only one address. That make ads power of entry tricky.

Years ago we would have investigated thefts like these, but it's just not a priority these days.

Police would rather just go for the low hanging fruit to boost up their statistics such as minor motoring offences and nasty online comments. They are way too understaffed and funded to be going for minor things such as theft, vandalism, child grooming...

UK Policing is pathetic and the OP's example only adds to that opinion.

Soldato
I'd probably just grab a few boys and drop by for a visit....

If you 100% knew address you could probably get it..... but like others have said the find my iphone thing isn't fully accurate you can't go around breaking into peoples houses.

Associate
That photo is a pretty good indicator of the overall condition of property. A little letterbox poop.... peeping could very well give you strong enough suspicion of a property to... errrm ... retrieve property...

No officer, look at this place, the door was like that already...

Soldato
I would just ring up the phone provider and get the phone bricked, ya don't wanna go hanging around a smack heads house, might get stabbed.

Back
Top Bottom