Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
Confession time, never actually watched this at the time so I've picked it up start of the week (need something to replace Banshee). Binged the 1st 4 and it's pretty decent, some of the kids are annoying but that's to be expected as well, they're kids. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Soldato
Wow. How did they pull this back.

Completely pulled me in again after a slow decline of pervious seasons. (Still enjoyed them)

Loved how all the the 3 main story lines were brilliant.

Loved Eddie.

Can't wait for the final season.

Soldato
Confession time, never actually watched this at the time so I've picked it up start of the week (need something to replace Banshee). Binged the 1st 4 and it's pretty decent, some of the kids are annoying but that's to be expected as well, they're kids. Looking forward to see where it goes.
So I've just finished S2 and whilst the 1st was excellent this one was a bit of a let down as it wasn't very good. Does S3 get better?

Caporegime
3 is better than 2 imo. Some people hate the teen storylines but if you are angry about teen storylines in a show where most of the main characters are teens then you've made a poor decision to watch it.

So I've just finished S2 and whilst the 1st was excellent this one was a bit of a let down as it wasn't very good. Does S3 get better?
Everyone says it's worse than 2, however in my view it's much better.

11 and sadie get a fun connection, 11 and hopper, and best of all, none of this "other kids with random x men style powers" nonsense which imo has been the worst part of the whole show.

Also, 3 isn't that long, and 4 is sensational, so endure just for the 4th

Soldato
Everyone says it's worse than 2, however in my view it's much better.

11 and sadie get a fun connection, 11 and hopper, and best of all, none of this "other kids with random x men style powers" nonsense which imo has been the worst part of the whole show.

Also, 3 isn't that long, and 4 is sensational, so endure just for the 4th
You aren't filling me with confidence here :p I'll give the 1st couple a go and it they arent good I can always skip to s4 and just read a spoiler site for the gist of s3.

Honestly I loved season 3, no idea why it gets any slack. Dusty and Steve in particular have a great relationship in this season. Robin is a great new character. Lucas sister, well done..

I can't see why it's not well liked.

Soldato
Honestly I loved season 3, no idea why it gets any slack. Dusty and Steve in particular have a great relationship in this season. Robin is a great new character. Lucas sister, well done..

I can't see why it's not well liked.
It struggled adding so many characters and dipped too much into comedy. I enjoyed it but it was well below par from season 1.

Season 4 part 1 is a master peace. Turned up the horror, toned down the comedy and smashed it.

I really enjoyed the 3 main story plots that all come together for the mid season final.

Iv started to rewatch a few of the scenes it's that good.

Haven't did that since season 1. They also dropped When it's cold outside I'd like to die tune again.

Bloody temped to rewatch all the season again start to finish for the 3rd time.

Soldato
Season 3 is probably my favourite because of the significant increase in comedy. For me I felt that the writing, stories and characters had developed seriously enough in the first two seasons, for them to be "allowed" to noticeably deviate from the format and ramp up the comedy levels, including the probably deliberately unbelievable main premise of that season, given the writers self confessed influences from 80's drama/films. That premise was surely chosen to further enhance the comedy fantasy for that season and I personally think it worked. I also just finished binging the four seasons and for me season 3 looks to be a one off. I was aware some people looked down on season 3 before I watched any of ST, so when I started season 3 I initially viewed it with some suspicion, but that very quickly dissipated once I could see it was going for comedy above all else. It has also been great to see the Steve arc, and season 3 is where it takes hold.

Edit: It is worth mentioning that they have a comedy genius on their hands in Gaten Matarazzo/Dustin, so the comedy fits particularly well with his "group" in S3, though for me the funniest scene was Detective Byers. Gaten Matarazzo was also responsible for bring me to tears for the only time in the whole thing for *that* scene at the end of S4 by the way, he is the star of the show for me, serious acting chops all round.

Last edited:
Soldato
You aren't filling me with confidence here :p I'll give the 1st couple a go and it they arent good I can always skip to s4 and just read a spoiler site for the gist of s3.
I started with season 3 (Wife had been watching it before and I hadnt bothered with it.). It was good enough to get me hooked and super hyped for 4. Which I thought was amazing. Want to go back and see the first 2 seasons now.

Soldato
I am grateful they haven't simply filled the series with so much scatter gun lore, mythology and random mystery over the years like Lost, which whilst you were hooked on at the time when it was sprayed out by the writers, in hindsight there was no chance of even a tenth of it ever being resolved in the final series. The 4th series of ST seemed to be focused on getting the most of the exposition out of the way for possibly an action focused final series, with a probable high attrition rate I expect.

Associate
Just finished season 4. Gees, Max got it rough this episode. I was quite surprised at the violence and subsequent blindness.

Enjoyed the majority of the show. A bit hammy in places, but it's part of the charm.

Back
Top Bottom