Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
Very good S4, shame about Eddie, definitely wanted him to return next season.

Last episode was a bit too long, but overall I loved the format.

I don't think it's "some of the best TV ever made" as a whole however, it's an 8 to 8.5/10 show for me. Which for me is a very good score. Well above average.

Soldato
Yeah, I felt like it didn’t really make any sense as running would have still led them away from Dustin etc
I really don't understand how this keeps getting brought up. He was knocked off his bike by a bat while going full pelt, he wasn't out running them. All that would have happened is he would have ran about 5 metres and been stabbed in the back by a flock of bats. He was dead either way. Fighting was more for his peace of mind in his final moments than some choice that got him killed.

Soldato
I don't think it's "some of the best TV ever made" as a whole however, it's an 8 to 8.5/10 show for me. Which for me is a very good score. Well above average.
I'm probably around here. 8 at most I think. There was too much we needed to just accept for dramatic effect, in my opinion, plot armour etc. That said, it was entertaining TV that I enjoyed and I'm looking forward to S5.

Also, on the length... you guys know if you back out, Netflix remembers where you are, right? :p I watched in 4 sittings. There were plenty of really good slower moments to stop watching, it could easily have been split into 4 or 5 episodes IMO.

Not sure if serious.

Because they were going to be fighting bat type creatures.
Ah of course.

I'm rewatching the episodes while working, so not fully paying attention. First time I didn't hear what he said, and this time I have subtitles on and was like "oh yeah what was that joke about" but totally forgot they were prepping for bat-tle

Agree was a shame to lose Eddie, but then you have to think, the reason why it was a shame is because he had some awesome scenes, that metallica scene ffs was just so much fun. The writers did a good job creating a character we didn't want to lose in such a short time, on a show already now quite heavy with characters.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
might want to put in spoiler tags dude

Does he?

1. Spoiler tags are NOT REQUIRED when discussing shows that have aired in the UK already, INCLUDING early morning i.e. 2AM showings on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.
  2. Spoiler tags whilst discussing book spoilers, casting spoilers and anything other than events that have occurred in an episode that has aired in the UK are STILL REQUIRED. You should also indicate the nature of the spoiler (e.g. book spoiler, casting spoiler, etc).

Associate
8.5/10 loved it, such an improvement over previous season for me. Loved the change in tone, very dark/creepy nailed it.

Still really don't care for Mike, Luckas or Will at this point, all seem like pointless characters that for me if they weren't in it then they wouldn't be missed. Loved Eddie and everything about him.

Didn't like the "2 days later" seemed oddly done considering time spent on other things.

Soldato
Thought it was a good series but Dustin's talk with Eddie's uncle was ridiculously poorly written. D's taking about Eddie fighting for Hawkins and being a hero but none of that would've made any sense to the guy listening, who had no idea of Vecna, the UD, monsters, etc.
Usually the script writing is on point but that was surprisingly poor, IMO.

Caporegime
Seeing a lot of people think the whole Hopper storyline was a pointless side plot to give the adults something to do, anyone else think this? I thought it was a bit meh myself.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Seeing a lot of people think the whole Hopper storyline was a pointless side plot to give the adults something to do, anyone else think this? I thought it was a bit meh myself.
It needed more fleshing out, like what the hell is going on there. Also Uri was annoying.

I guess you could say the same about anything not related directly to vecna.

Hopper has to "die", so that Joyce would move to california, so that there's be distance between John and Nancy, Mike and el, el could move in with Joyce etc.

They gave him a story to bring him back, and I felt it was good as it explained what the Russians were doing, which we've heard about since series 1 iirc.

The hive mind retreating the way that it did just because some of it was getting burnt in Russia was a bit meh. I wanted better from that aspect of the story.

Back
Top Bottom