Stranger Things (Netflix)

Caporegime
Soldato
Yes yes sorry, i mean the fake nostalgia vibe :p
Only the film nods are "universal" to non yanks

That just isn't true at all! BMX, synthpop music, Walkie talkies, CV Radio, Arcade games, D&D, Shopping centers etc. Were all things that I clearly remember coming into my life in that decade.

Soldato
Just finished it. I thought the last 2 episodes salvaged an otherwise pretty average season. I didn't like how the group was split into three all season, Dustin is the only one of the original 4 with any story at all behind him now, I felt sad for Steve not getting the girl (again :p) and I felt they trying to cover so much, essentially having 3 concurrent stories, that it felt a little thin.

Last couple of episodes really rescued it with some brilliant scenes. Was also gutted Alexi died, was liking him.

They'll bring it back for season 4 but I have a feeling they'll regret it, don't see where it can go without re-running the exact same ground.

Caporegime
Just finished it. Enjoyed it for the most part but damn story wise, what sort of nap were the US Army having? And to allow Russians build a super secret base...

Soldato
Found this season a little disappointing. Too much shouting and overacting. They are running out of ideas for the stories too, just rehashing. Also the kids are getting a little too old now and are starting to be a little obnoxious. Entertaining enough I guess.

Soldato
They are running out of ideas for the stories too, just rehashing.
I'd disagree with that, tbh. S2 felt a lot like trying to recapture the spirit of S1, and was poorer for it (still great, but definitely the least great of the 3, imo). S3 felt like a bit of a departure, to me, dropping the goonies/stand by me shtick as the kids are getting older. It was the funniest season too.

Soldato
I'd disagree with that, tbh. S2 felt a lot like trying to recapture the spirit of S1, and was poorer for it (still great, but definitely the least great of the 3, imo). S3 felt like a bit of a departure, to me, dropping the goonies/stand by me shtick as the kids are getting older. It was the funniest season too.

I felt they tried a little too hard with the humour really, felt a bit forced. Still enjoyed the show though, but was the weakest of the three for me.

Caporegime
Robin and Steve were the best in this series, mike is just super annoying and i wished so many times he would die.

He was bugging me as well, is it just me or does he resemble a gangly stick insect? Just about every scene he was in he looked awkward. Suppose he's at "that age" where that's to be expected but it didn't seem to be an issue for the others.

Back
Top Bottom