Stranger Things (Netflix)

Associate
Finished this last night. Loved it! They captured the 80's feel brilliantly, both of some classic movies, E.T., Goonies, Poltergeist, etc. and also Stephen King's earlier books. Kids being the protagonists but not a kids movie. I say movie because that's what it felt like, an eight hour movie. Oh, and the music, that was the cherry on the cake. I couldn't even bring myself to forward through the title music!

Although I loved it, I hope they don't do another season. However, with a title like 'Stranger Things', another season wouldn't need to be a continuation of this story. They could be stand alone seasons if the writers have the talent or the ideas for something else. But ultimately, I very much doubt it could live up to this, but hope I'm wrong.

10/10 from me for this.

Man of Honour
I have 2 episodes to go, loving it. So atmospheric and having been the boys age myself in those same years, they've captured the time perfectly.

I would love to see a 2nd season, perhaps in a different town with a different cast. I think there is a lot of potential to create a really good set of seasons with this. They dont even need to stick to the 80s really, though they have done the 80s so well.

Soldato
Sorry boys I feel the same way but season 2 is a continuation of the story this is 100% confirmed.

I would much prefer this to be an anthology show like a new Twilight zone, but a story per season. I also prefer it to be set in the 60s, 70s or 80's. Once you have mobile phones and internet horror and mystery get much harder to pull off in my opinion.

Man of Honour
Finished it tonight, easily my favourite tv show of the year. Absolutely superbly done.

I hear rumours that a second season would likely be a totally new story with a new cast. I actually wouldnt mind that, whilst part of me wants to have a follow on to this, I also quite like the idea of leaving it open like that and allowing my imagination to fill in the hereafter.

Soldato
Finished it tonight, easily my favourite tv show of the year. Absolutely superbly done.

I hear rumours that a second season would likely be a totally new story with a new cast. I actually wouldnt mind that, whilst part of me wants to have a follow on to this, I also quite like the idea of leaving it open like that and allowing my imagination to fill in the hereafter.

I agree, although it would be good for some of the characters to play a role in the next such as Jim Hopper.
Whatever they do I just hope its as good. Fantastic series!

Man of Honour
Though I think in some cases they've dug around to find scenes in 80s movies that match that is kind of cool (obviously some of them are directly influenced).

Soldato
I love it, think it is from another plane or a weird experiment? This is off topic, but the storm made me a bit sad... I love stroms & since moving to central NY state (6 years back) I never get to have the great joy of watching lightening... Sorry for that off topic mini rant...

Last edited:
Associate
So what did everyone make of the ending. Do you think El is gone?
What was with the kid at the end. Could be anything, ill, still connected to the upside down.
What about the chief and the car he got into, plus who is he feeding?

Come on man. Are you serious about that last question? The food is for Eleven.

Soldato
Finished this last night. Loved it! They captured the 80's feel brilliantly, both of some classic movies, E.T., Goonies, Poltergeist, etc. and also Stephen King's earlier books. Kids being the protagonists but not a kids movie. I say movie because that's what it felt like, an eight hour movie. Oh, and the music, that was the cherry on the cake. I couldn't even bring myself to forward through the title music!

Although I loved it, I hope they don't do another season. However, with a title like 'Stranger Things', another season wouldn't need to be a continuation of this story. They could be stand alone seasons if the writers have the talent or the ideas for something else. But ultimately, I very much doubt it could live up to this, but hope I'm wrong.

10/10 from me for this.

Just finished it myself and the quote from Punt sums it up perfectly for me too. It really felt like a book I couldn't put down if you know what I mean. Worth the year's subscription to Netflix alone!

Back
Top Bottom