Street Fighter 6 coming with "immersive" single player mode (2023)

Soldato
not sure which one it is, but isnt EX in 3D or something ?
Yeah EX were 3d, never really got into those tbh.

For me I play SF2, SSF2 Turbo etc loads I in the 90s, had Alpha2 on the Sega Saturn. Picked up Dreamcast around 2000 and played lots of SF3, all 3 titles, MvC2, CvsSNK 1 and 2 etc. Then got SFIV on 360 and not playing SFV on PC. Fun times :)

Guile trailer just released. Guile looks pretty awesome imo.

Soldato
Yeah EX were 3d, never really got into those tbh.

For me I play SF2, SSF2 Turbo etc loads I in the 90s, had Alpha2 on the Sega Saturn. Picked up Dreamcast around 2000 and played lots of SF3, all 3 titles, MvC2, CvsSNK 1 and 2 etc. Then got SFIV on 360 and not playing SFV on PC. Fun times :)

Guile trailer just released. Guile looks pretty awesome imo.

Saturn had the definitive beatemups, you could also tell the audio difference between it and ps1. DC was amazing, but sadly it died out probably because of the easy piracy.

Welp, America's turtle is back.

Soldato
i bought a dreamcast day of release, and had all those games too

brilliant fun
If you still have those games in good condition are they worth a decent amount now. I recently sold MvC2 for £100, 3rd Strike for £77, CvsSNK for £50 and SF3 Double Impact for £60. They'd all been sat in a drawer for the past 15 years and if I play them now I always opt for emulation for ease.

Soldato
Saturn had the definitive beatemups, you could also tell the audio difference between it and ps1. DC was amazing, but sadly it died out probably because of the easy piracy.

Welp, America's turtle is back.
Saturn was a good console, much better for 2d that ps1, especially with the upgraded RAM carts. 3d games from that gen just hurt your eyes now but I can happily play the 2d games. Just a shame people only seem to be realising it was a good console nowadays in the retro scene.

Associate
I'm not sure how I feel about their obsession with making them all bulbous clouds with the muscles with each release. The "new" mechanics are just rehashes of those in past games, so a bit disappointed at the lack of effort on that front, though being metered should at least make it less exploitable/spammable, so we'll see how it plays.

I was super into SFIV, and followed each release closely and watched all the major tournaments, but SFV's launch just made me completely lose interest in it. I've played like 10 minutes of it, but just have little interest in it. I would like to get fully immersed in that whole scene again though, so I'll be watching with a keen eye how this shapes up.

Soldato
I was super into SFIV, and followed each release closely and watched all the major tournaments, but SFV's launch just made me completely lose interest in it. I've played like 10 minutes of it, but just have little interest in it. I would like to get fully immersed in that whole scene again though, so I'll be watching with a keen eye how this shapes up.

Same, although I played sf5 a few months. Sf4 was amazing, my main was Dudley, who was yours? Some of the pro tourneys were hype.

Soldato
Yeah leaked roster was leaked last week, 22 characters i think it was. Obviously there will be dlc characters released in packs or seasons after release as there is with all games these days

Soldato
Only chars i care about tbh is sagat mainly, then ken then ryu and then chun li and of course playable m bison. :)

well theres no Sagat in the base roster im afraid. Ryn, Ken and Chun Li are all there. As for Bison, Shadaloo is no more and Bison is believed to be dead so I think think he will be in SF6 unless they resurrected him somehow in the story

Caporegime

Not sf6 related but that should bring back memories for a lot of us on here, i remember grabbing that issue and watching that tape dozens of times til i got the snes with sf2 that christmas. Still have the tape knocking about as well.

Can't get excited for games like that anymore. :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks good to me. Will pick it up if it can be had for £30-£35 on CDKeys on release. If not will wait for sale.

I avoided buying any seasons passes or anything at all in SF5. Managed to unlock characters I wanted for free with the fight points before those got nerfed. Will wait and get the latest update that unlocks everything for a fiver at some point :p

Will do the same for this. I pretty much only care for characters from the one that came after turbo. Like Cammy, Fie Long (I think) Dee Jay and Hawk. Anything after that I couldn't care less apart from Akuma.

Soldato

Not sf6 related but that should bring back memories for a lot of us on here, i remember grabbing that issue and watching that tape dozens of times til i got the snes with sf2 that christmas. Still have the tape knocking about as well.

Can't get excited for games like that anymore. :(
Wow I had that tape back in the days

Soldato
Had SF2 Champion Edition on the Mega Drive and then got SSF2. I remember having this seperate guide\review booklet that came with a Magazine before SF2 Champion Edition was release. Game got 97% and I read that guide over and over until by birthday when I was bought the game :p

Lots of SF6 info has been released\revealed over the last week. Lots of people have had hands on experience with the game at Summer Game Fest. Drive system looks really good imo. Only thing im not sure about so far is the parry system. Perfect parrys sound good. Having to time it correctly to get the parry and reward etc. But regular parrys you just have to hold the button and absorb all the hits. Recovery is very slow though and you cant really punish after a normal pary I dont think. Still early days, this mechanic may still changed yet.

Soldato
Like you said I dont think hold parrys will be a thing outside of a few special events. Its like 17f of recovery on success - thats basically useless for most moves that could just be countered off the back of the parry. Originally it seemed almost like sf3 but without the guessing, but now im thinking it feels more like KI and it being used as just a straight up combo breaker type mechanic. I'd expect pro games will be longer because of it.

Back
Top Bottom