Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
I think it's crap. The new UI elements are *****, and I can't believe how stingy they've been with the new content. Don't know why I even bought the AE disc. They don't even give you all the stages. Basically the only upgrade from the SF5 disc is the new characters and a handful of costumes, but you can't get the characters by grinding FM anyway.

I cant see Sagat? Is he going to be released later or something and cost 20 billion FM?

Soldato
The DLC bothers me, it's 30 quid for AE which contains the characters from season 1 and 2 I believe but is still missing a bunch of stuff like locations etc right? And there is more DLC for other characters coming too still?

I just want to pay for the game and have what should be included by default in my opinion.

Tempted to pick up vanilla SF5 on the cheap and just have the AE upgrade and forego the rest but I'm loathed to support the awful way Capcom have handled this since the beginning.

Associate
No Blanka or Sagat unless you buy the season 3 pass, sod that, a Street Fighter game without them ain't Street Fighter!

I think someone lied to you :p

You can buy characters individually for £4.79, or for 100K FM.

If you do the weekly missions and weekend events, and level up each character a little, then I believe you'll earn more than enough FM for Blanka & Sagat.

Soldato
I think someone lied to you :p

You can buy characters individually for £4.79, or for 100K FM.

If you do the weekly missions and weekend events, and level up each character a little, then I believe you'll earn more than enough FM for Blanka & Sagat.

Almost a fiver a character? That's worse than a season pass!

Didn't the FM get tweaked so you now don't earn much offline? I'm never gonna play online.

Soldato
Almost a fiver a character? That's worse than a season pass!

Didn't the FM get tweaked so you now don't earn much offline? I'm never gonna play online.

Its a little unfair. I would never attempt to play SF online. I'd get my ass handed to me ASAP. I had SF from launch - dreadful game I felt. Sadly I got it digital (mistake - or so I felt ) but I got a free update to the newer edition . I have season one pass for some reason, but season 2 / 3 I need to buy to complete the roaster.

Must admit, the game is now much better for single player content. Much improved.

Soldato
I can honestly say I'm not surprised this thread isn't active following the release of AE - this forum can't stand it, so anyone who does enjoy it, wouldn't post anything anyway.

In the interests of at least discussing the game, I think AE will prove to be a good update. It has added a good amount of content, for free, on the base game as Capcom offered. I know the initial roster was 'small', but it was entirely possible to pick and choose DLC characters and purchase them with fight money. That is decent. If you play regularly, did weekly challenges, you'd get to the point where you'd struggle to spend the fight money if you weren't fussed on buying every character. So when Kasugano stage came out for AE for example, I bought it with FM with ease (still have 150k). I've bought most stages with fight money alone.

The weekly challenges now give less fight money, but the new modes give opportunities to build more than before - 18k I read last. It's just more of a gamble. I don't think the challenges are that difficult half the time either.

The VT2 additions gave a lot of characters a wealth of options. It's limited for some characters, for example Laura's VT2 lacks the diversity of Kolin's or Rashid's, but for many it allows more options.

I'm sure someone has done the maths, but I think going from SFV + season passes works out cheaper than SF4 > Ultra if you went from iteration to iteration. Maybe not?

I just feel like now it's the done thing to rag on the game.

Soldato
I can honestly say I'm not surprised this thread isn't active following the release of AE - this forum can't stand it, so anyone who does enjoy it, wouldn't post anything anyway.
SNIP
I just feel like now it's the done thing to rag on the game.

I can't speak for anyone else but SF5 was dead to me and had absolutely no intention of buying but this substantial update has got me interested.

The feedback I've read has been very positive from all the usual sources, true most will say this is what it should have been 2 years ago but no one questions the core fighting mechanics which seem to be top notch.

How would you rate this for a casual offline player, still worth it?

Soldato
I enjoy playing SF5. I wouldn't say I have been playing it constantly since release. Usually DLC content would get me to come back like when Guile and then later on Akuma were released. But I didn't play at all with Season 2 until Menat was released. She is now the character I use online in Casual Matches and like her second V-Trigger in AE,

The mode I like in AE is definitely arcade mode.

I picked up MvCi on Xbox One a few weeks back. Big mistake, the game is dead on that platform and I think PC as well. I don't have PS4 but I think that must be te only place its played.

Soldato
I can't speak for anyone else but SF5 was dead to me and had absolutely no intention of buying but this substantial update has got me interested.

The feedback I've read has been very positive from all the usual sources, true most will say this is what it should have been 2 years ago but no one questions the core fighting mechanics which seem to be top notch.

How would you rate this for a casual offline player, still worth it?

I don't use the offline modes particularly because I prefer training then playing a human. I found the old offline modes quite boring - easy opponents, then ramped up difficulty where the AI practically reads the inputs. I'd do them for the fight money. At least the new arcade modes reward you with art work and things like that. Probably worth a scout on YouTube to see if someone has demonstrated all the new offline content.

If I only played it offline, I don't think I'd bother - unless it was with mates coming round to play it. I feel a big part of the game now is because of the online content...

Soldato
What's so Epic about it may I ask?

The new Vtriggers add an additional layer of strategy to the game - picking the trigger according to your tech skills / or strategy against opponent's traits. It feels a lot more polishes overall, and the subtle character changes make it so much fun to play online.

As mentioned above - it's cool to bag on the game online and don't give it a chance, preferring to cling to "the good old days of <<Insert whichever Street Fighter they spent most time on here>>"

Last edited:
Soldato
The new Vtriggers add an additional layer of strategy to the game - picking the trigger according to your tech skills / or strategy against opponent's traits. It feels a lot more polishes overall, and the subtle character changes make it so much fun to play online.

As mentioned above - it's cool to bag on the game online and don't give it a chance, preferring to cling to "the good old days of <<Insert whichever Street Fighter they spent most time on here>>"

Gave it plenty of chances, bagged around 30 hours on it and still doesn't stick

Back
Top Bottom