Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Associate
I recently came back to this after a year away. So disappointed they haven't improved the online. How can it take so long to get into a game still? I can be in a CoD game within 30 seconds of starting up. It can take 10 mins in SFV.

Plus they needed my Ryu :mad:

Soldato
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Announcement Trailer

Capcom has announced Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. It features 12 games from across the series, including the original Street Fighter, Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection is expected to launch in May 2018 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC.

Online play will be enabled for Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, allowing players to compete in ranked and casual matches, as well as jump into lobbies and place on leaderboards.

The trailer shown during Capcom Cup touts "arcade perfect gameplay" along with "comprehensive galleries" that contain interactive timelines, concept art, a music archive, and a sprite viewer. A complete list of games included in the package can be found below.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter 3: Second Impact
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

In related news, Capcom recently announced Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, a new version of its flagship fighting game that will be available for PlayStation 4 and PC from January 16, 2018. The updated version will include post-release content from Season 1 and Season 2 of the game, as well as a number of new gameplay changes.

Last edited:
Associate
Been waiting for the original SF2 and turbo on the PS4. I used to skip school far too much in the 90s to play SF2 and I got really good at it, everyone used to queue up to play each other and the winner stayed on. Looking forward to playing online. Going to need a new fight stick for this.

Soldato
Capcup was phenomenal. Very enjoyable. Looking forward to AE, some questionable changes on the PSX build, but could be a really good boost to the game. I'm still enjoying it.

Associate
Capcup was phenomenal. Very enjoyable. Looking forward to AE, some questionable changes on the PSX build, but could be a really good boost to the game. I'm still enjoying it.
I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to AE.

I didnt get to watch as much CapCup as I would have wanted but watching the AE trailer was great. It's so much better announcing the DLC characters ahead of time than drip feeding who they are. Who really wants to get a season pass when they don't know who they'll be?

Soldato
I get enough value out of the game that I don't mind the DLC costs, even if I don't necessarily play the characters - or know who they'll be! I've had a good dabble with Ed (but why bother when I main Laura) and Akuma (beyond my skill level when he launched, now I can't be bothered to learn him even though I love him).

Good to see they have just been straight about S3. All of the characters interest me aside from G really, but his character could be interesting story-wise.

Soldato
Just when Capcom were doing so well they go and announce that fight money will no longer be awarded for playing offline modes like story, character story and survival etc. with the release of AE. Apparently the fight money you can earn through Extra Battle Mode will be enough to compensate for this but time will tell.

Associate
Yeah Capcom Cup was great, an enjoyable grand finals.

Apparently the fight money you can earn through Extra Battle Mode will be enough to compensate for this but time will tell.

Yeah apparently Extra Battle will offer more but it's weird with it being a weekly challenge thing. However I think they're taking the right approach by consolidating how you can earn fight money into a single mode and through character level-ups and online play. I don't have much incentive to do normal survival for all characters (due to the time required) but I did all the other stuff, even though most of it wasn't that fun - the trials were the only really enjoyable thing for me really. So in AE players won't be forced to play all these modes to get a good amount of FM which I think is good.

I'm looking forward to AE, SFV is still one of my main go-to multiplayer games alongside Overwatch and Splatoon 2.

Soldato
Tbf it sounds alright to me providing you can earn a similar amount or more fight money through extra battle mode. Survival mode wasn't fun but I played it to get fm, now they might aswell remove the mode as it will be pointless.

Most seem to hate him but I'm looking forward to Blanka the most, finally get my SFIV main back

Soldato
Isn't the fight money thing basically because a new player buying AE would get 1m odd FM but already have the stuff you'd buy with it, meaning they're rewarded over the original users?

This game gets so much flak for nothing (I agree with the stuff it does get flak for like load times and netcode). I always feel like players who had played competitively A3, SF3 etc don't like that someone new can come in and get to a good standard and compete. I find it hilarious we have guys locally who do broken stuff in the Alpha games or whatever but whinge about 50/50s. Or the "I hate Guess Fighter 5 but watch every single stream and moan in them" crew. :D

CapCup was great. A Birdie player from the DR playing in a tournament with a good character variety.

This is in no way a dig at anyone here who doesn't get on with it by the way, but the community in general are a bunch of poisonous turds sometimes.

Associate
Isn't the fight money thing basically because a new player buying AE would get 1m odd FM but already have the stuff you'd buy with it, meaning they're rewarded over the original users?

Yeah good point!, that will be the primary reason. I think the new system sounds good though and will hopefully help with user retention and keeping the community more active. I never would have bothered with the cinematic story mode if it didn't reward the fight money.

I agree about the community being a bit poisonous and the game getting too much hate. I get it has some issues here and there though, matchmaking speed and loading times are the biggest gripes for me; I do wish I could turn off the screen-shake thing though.

Soldato
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Info Details Team Versus Mode

Capcom has released new information and screenshots on the new Team Versus Mode that will be in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Read more information on the game here.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will launch for the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC on January 16, 2018 for $39.99.

Read the details below:

Team Versus Mode allows local teams of up to five players to fight it out to see which side will come out victorious. To start it up, head to the main menu, select Versus, which will take you to another screen allowing you the option to choose Team Versus. Once you select it, you’ll be prompted with a list of different options to match your desired Team Battle, whether it’s against a team of players or CPU.
  • No. of Team Members – You can have a team of up to five members. Each team must have an equal number of players.
  • Match Format – Choose between Elimination and Best of Series
    • Elimination – The winner stays on as the teams fight to the last man standing.
    • Best of Series – Each team member will match up against their corresponding opponent until one team wins the majority of the matches. If the number of battles won by each team is even, the result will be a draw. Draws can only occur in teams of two or four.
  • Vitality Recover – Choose how much vitality the winner recovers after each round. You can opt for Partial (recover green health and some gray health), Partial Green (recover actual health), or Full Recovery.
  • Retain EX Gauge – Allows whether the winner will be allowed to carry over their EX Gauge into the next round.
  • V-Gauge Advantage – In Elimination, determine whether the losing team will be given V-Gauge in the next round. Two bars will be given for a difference of two fighters, and three for a difference of three or more.
  • Change Order – The losing team can change their character order before the next fight. Selecting random will randomize the order, including who goes first.
  • Throwaway Matches – In Best of Series, choose whether to play all the battles even if the winner has already been decided.
  • Round Setting – Adjust the number of rounds required to win a game.
  • Match Time Settings – Set the time limit for a round.
  • CPU Difficulty – If playing against the CPU, determine their difficulty.
Before each match begins, there will be a quick intro to show which character and V-Trigger was selected. Though you will choose all characters on the team beforehand, you’ll only choose the V-Trigger as each match begins, allowing you to change your strategy depending on which opponent you’ll face. During the match, the HUD will show how many players are left on each team, including the order they’re in.

In between matches, the winner will recover Vitality, keep EX Gauge, or gain V-Gauge depending on which option was selected in the beginning. Under the Elimination format, the losing team will decide which of their players will go up next to fight the winner. In a CPU game, you’ll decide which character will fight you next.

Once the match ends, a battle summary will appear on screen detailing who won and lost each round, the win streak, and the win rate. Bragging rights are on the line! You can then choose to play the same battle over again, switch characters, or start from the very beginning.

It may be called Team Versus Mode, but that doesn’t mean you need more than two players – or even one, if you’re against the CPU. If you want to play all five characters in the team, go right ahead! This is especially useful if you’re learning multiple characters and want a quick way to use them all without having to return to the Character Select screen.

Team Versus Mode opens up more ways to flaunt your fighting prowess, especially if there’s more than one opponent waiting in the room. Get ready to round up your friends and call them over on January 16 when Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition launches on PlayStation 4 and PC with Team Versus Mode! Current owners of Street Fighter V will get a free update on January 16 that includes Arcade Mode, new V-Triggers, Extra Battle Mode, Team Versus Mode, and more!

Soldato
AE been out a few days and no posts here? I had a bash, gameplay is the same as before :/ Will try agagin to get into it, found someone on Twitter that does crazy Rashid combos

Associate
I think it's crap. The new UI elements are *****, and I can't believe how stingy they've been with the new content. Don't know why I even bought the AE disc. They don't even give you all the stages. Basically the only upgrade from the SF5 disc is the new characters and a handful of costumes, but you can't get the characters by grinding FM anyway.

Back
Top Bottom