Strip club etiquette.

Soldato
PS: Side question. For those who have been to a strip club whilst in a relationship, did you tell your other half before/after/never? :confused:

I told her after, seemed to go down "ok" I didn't do anything or even talk to any girls any time that I've been so was just honest about that. I was a bit young and sheepish then. I'd enjoy it more now but still reluctant to part with money other than a tip, I see through it quite easily.

Soldato
PS: Side question. For those who have been to a strip club whilst in a relationship, did you tell your other half before/after/never? :confused:

On the few occasions I've been (all for stag / birthday parties, I should add), I never told my then gf. However, my reason for doing so was sound; she'd ring me 10+ times a night to check up on me whenever I went out. If I didn't answer she'd ring our mutual friends and cry down the phone to them. Long story short, she'd have cut my nuts off while I slept if I'd told her.

Soldato
OP
I have no recollection of having written that.

Okay. The reason I haven't replied to this thread for ages is because I was hoping the question would go away. I AM female. Not trans. I've never actually lied about that on these forums until I was backed into a corner by this thread, but that's not to say I haven't deliberately worded things to avoid saying I'm female. I have no problem with being female but I have had some very bad experiences in the past and wanted to play on the way people tend to assume you're male unless they know otherwise. Especially if you write on technical subjects a lot. I'm sorry I misled. It's cheap behaviour and there's no real rational reason for it as nobody on these forums has ever shown a reason not to state it. Still, not all behaviour is rational, particularly that rooted in bad experiences. Obviously on some past occasions I've been more open about it. I have no idea how I managed to write what I did about "a group of men" without spotting what I'd said.

Sorry for not being straight with those it mattered to. And definitely no implication intended to anyone on these forums that I was made to feel I would be unwelcome as a woman.

Caporegime
Heh, no worries. Being openly female on the Internet isn't easy. Sorry to 'out' :D
It isn't?

I'm inclined to think that's an exaggeration.

Well, maybe if you're posting on the World of Warcraft forums, largely inhabited by horny teenage boys.

Actually most of the time I notice that when someone identifies as female, a lot of the posters then go out of their way to be, how to say it?... BFFs or something with said poster.

There's a whole phenomenon of men pretending to be women online to get money, favourable treatment, etc, etc.

I guess that kind of attention maybe equally undesirable as outright hostility tho.

Sorry for not being straight with those it mattered to. And definitely no implication intended to anyone on these forums that I was made to feel I would be unwelcome as a woman.

Equally as unwelcome as everybody else, on my internets.

The trans thread made it perfectly obvious who/what you were.

Man of Honour
What's with the surreal and unrelenting focus on h4rm0ny's sex? Banging on for days, it's weird.

It is weird, especially since she's been well known here for years. Also, why care?

Ah, I see. Magnolia. So it doesn't have to make any sense.

Of course, according to internet tradition h4rm0ny must be a man or an FBI agent :)

I haven't been this confused since they started selling cheese and onion crisps in blue packets.

Oh good, it's not just me then. Although for me it's the change to green packets for salt and vinegar because I don't like cheese and onion. But hey, I still think of Marathon and Opal Fruits rather than Snickers and Starburst. Eh, when I were a lad...

...or was I? Perhaps I'm an FBI agent woman. Who can tell from text? I think that's one of the benefits of a text-only medium of communication.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against any crisps being in any colour packet they want, or going to strip clubs. Except maybe Scampi Fries. That's just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom