Stuttering in ALL games ideas?

Associate
Is it because of my connection? This is when CSGO is open/

4ca1f2b72f601909b1f724b712298d04.png

Which monitoring software is that? I could do with it to help and get over the last hump here.

Associate
Check if it still happens when you disable speedstep so the processor is always running at stock speed. (i.e. enable the 'High Performance' power plan in Windows)

Last edited:
Associate
Odd one - in the windows sound settings (properties), do you have it set to the highest you possibly could? Say 24 bit 96000hz or Higher? If so, try it on 24bit 44100 or lower. see if that helps much. I doubt you'll notice much difference in sound quality in games and movies, as it's usually all compressed anyway. Try this before the rest below.

There should be a PCI latency/timing setting somewhere in your BIOS, if set to 64, knock it to 32, or vice versa. I wouldn't set it to anything higher than 64 though (higher = worse, but can improve stability in some cases.)

I'd also check your mainboard manual to see what devices use what pci-lanes and IRQ settings - if your GPU shares lanes with a usb controller for instance, if you have free ports, move any devices from that usb controller and disable it. Same for your sound - either on board or PCI-e.

Also on your board, is there an option to enable DMI 3.0? if so, enable that. give it a whirl.

disable usb power saving for all your usb controllers in windows device manager.

if you have these options on your NIC, disable adaptive inter-frame spaing, raise the send/receive buffers to maximum. Disable interupt moderation also.

Good luck :)

Associate
just been on the support page for your board, says it has "LANGuard & GameFirst III" Turn that shizzle off. In nearly every case I have ever tried one of these software network performance enhancer thingies, all it has resulted in is higher pings and poor performance.

If you have it, get rid.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks to everyone that posted

Mine seems to be working properly now using an older blend of drivers.

I have no idea what caused it. I let windows 10 install most of the motherboard drivers and didn't use any of the ASUS ones.
I'm using some older PAX drivers for windows 10, the latest ones just didn't even want to install.....
Time to get the overclock back running and test that goat one more time.

I cant believe it took me a crappy 3 euro GOAT SIMULATOR to decide my system wasn't feeling right.

Associate
Since we hd the same problem just to let you know I think for me it was the Corsair Utility program for my K70 keyboard, I remove that and all the stuttering seems to be gone.

Back
Top Bottom