'Suicide bomber' taxi explodes at Liverpool Women's Hospital

Soldato
Because their religion is at its developmental stage that Christianity was at when we were burning witches. They’ve not had their renaissance yet and until that happens there will still be major irrational violence perpetrated by more militant members of their cult.
Whilst we are uber developed and take peace in the fact our western war machine is legitimised through government and bureaucracy.

There is some finger-pointing at religion in this thread, not that I care much about religion.

However, could it be incels instead? They've done some terrorist acts in recent years, and they blame their failings on the fact that they can't get laid. Bear in mind that this attack took place outside at women's hospital.

Soldato
There is some finger-pointing at religion in this thread, not that I care much about religion.

However, could it be incels instead? They've done some terrorist acts in recent years, and they blame their failings on the fact that they can't get laid. Bear in mind that this attack took place outside at women's hospital.
Probably a better intersection of nutcases :cry:

Soldato
Because their religion is at its developmental stage that Christianity was at when we were burning witches.

For the first few hundred years of Christianity it's adherents were a persecuted largely pacifist miniority. The violence that followed Christianity being adopted as the state religion of the Romans and subsequent mostly European nations was a perversion of what had come before not a continuation of it.

Islam started of violent during its patriarchs lifetime and a hundred years after his death adherents of the religion were trying to subjugate northern Europe (battle of Tour's 732) after a century of near continual warfare across the Levant, Middle east, north Africa and Iberian peninsula.

The 'growing' religion idea is bunk.

Caporegime
After watching the video footage, the driver didnt even stop, the bomb went off as he drove past the entrance as the bomber probably realised the driver wasnt going to let him out. Good on the taxi driver, risking his own life to keep moving and keep the bomber in his cab. He didnt know it was going to be such a mild explosion and was ready to die to save other peoples lives. True bravery right there.

Soldato
We all acknowledge the driver is a hero for containing the terrorist.

We all acknowledge the bomber is some twisted scumbag.

Where I take issue is that some of you believe that his actions somehow represent 3 million+ other Muslims that live in the UK

I can easily separate his extremist views (and possibly a small group of people, if reports of raided houses and arrests are accurate) from the mass majority who follow that religion.

Unfortunately extremism exists in all different religions (Muslims, Christians, Buddhists even!) and on all sides of the political spectrum, left and right.

You always say "small group"
How many has this small group killed now.

And apologizing very early in the thread.

Soldato
After watching the video footage, the driver didnt even stop, the bomb went off as he drove past the entrance as the bomber probably realised the driver wasnt going to let him out. Good on the taxi driver, risking his own life to keep moving and keep the bomber in his cab. He didnt know it was going to be such a mild explosion and was ready to die to save other peoples lives. True bravery right there.
And even got it perfectly lined up on a decent quality video camera, for the internet to cast judgement. :D

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Perhaps some would feel better if we had a stickied thread where resident Muslims could just apologise every time a terrorist incident occurred? Would certainly save time and these threads could be about the actual incident and not about blaming 1.7B Muslims?

Soldato
We all acknowledge the driver is a hero for containing the terrorist.

We all acknowledge the bomber is some twisted scumbag.

Where I take issue is that some of you believe that his actions somehow represent 3 million+ other Muslims that live in the UK

I can easily separate his extremist views (and possibly a small group of people, if reports of raided houses and arrests are accurate) from the mass majority who follow that religion.

Unfortunately extremism exists in all different religions (Muslims, Christians, Buddhists even!) and on all sides of the political spectrum, left and right.
Ok, I appreciate the majority of religious people mean no harm with their ideology, but let's come down like a proverbial ton of bricks on those that do form a threat, you might even consider the majority of the said religion would support this. I on the other hand think they don't.

Soldato
Perhaps some would feel better if we had a stickied thread where resident Muslims could just apologise every time a terrorist incident occurred? Would certainly save time and these threads could be about the actual incident and not about blaming 1.7B Muslims?
Literally no-one here has done that.

Most reasonable people know that although it's a tiny minority, it's enough of a number for people to have real and growing concerns.

Soldato

It would be tumble weeds in there though.

Soldato
Ok, I appreciate the majority of religious people mean no harm with their ideology, but let's come down like a proverbial ton of bricks on those that do form a threat, you might even consider the majority of the said religion would support this. I on the other hand think they don't.
Whenever a terrorist incident happens that involves Islam ( I don't think that's been confirmed yet has it?) it's always the extremists of that religion that perpetrate the terror. I read somewhere that the FBI listed that approx 25% of Muslims held extremists views, that's around 350 million people that believe violence against innocent people is justified. That's a lot of people! I've no idea if or when Islam will ever be dragged into the modern age, but surely one step would be if Islamic leaders condemned terrorists attacks when they happened?

Regardless the word hero is bandied about very easily these days but the taxi driver would certainly appear to be a hero. I think we can all be thankful he acted the way he did.

Soldato
And let's not forget the Trevor Phillips survey. This reveals deeply concerning numbers.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news...ary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

Some highlights.

4% sympathise with people who take part in suicide bombings
Q: Please tell me tell me whether you sympathise or condemn people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 1%, sympathise to some extent: 3%)

34% would inform the police if they thought somebody they knew was getting involved with people who support terrorism in Syria (66% wouldn't!)

Last edited:
Caporegime
And let's not forget the Trevor Phillips survey. This reveals deeply concerning numbers.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news...ary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

Some highlights.

4% sympathise with people who take part in suicide bombings
Q: Please tell me tell me whether you sympathise or condemn people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 1%, sympathise to some extent: 3%)

34% would inform the police if they thought somebody they knew was getting involved with people who support terrorism in Syria (66% wouldn't!)
Some of those stats are shocking. Many of these people surveyed have no place in our country

Back
Top Bottom