Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Soldato
I think £60 odd million for Alisson is one thing, but the Kepa money is another thing entirely. Alisson has just played the whole WC for Brazil, keeping Ederson - one of the prem's best keepers - on the bench. Plus he's played in the CL for Roma. Kepa has got one international cap for Spain, spent the WC on the bench, and I believe has only played a few games in the Europa League.

They could both turn out to be two of the world's best goalkeepers but I would much rather have Alisson of the two. Chelsea are taking a big gamble on Kepa, they've really been forced into spending over the odds because of Courtois' refusal to stay and the lack of what they consider top level alternatives.
arsenal bought the german number 2? gk for far less!!!!

Don
Am I the only person imagining Mourinho and Woodward on Supermarket Sweep? Mourinho's at the checkout screaming at Woodward which he's running around like a headless chicken trying to grab anything and everything off the shevles.

Caporegime
Am I the only person imagining Mourinho and Woodward on Supermarket Sweep? Mourinho's at the checkout screaming at Woodward which he's running around like a headless chicken trying to grab anything and everything off the shevles.
A few other Liverpool fans might be imagining it I suppose. Only the obsessed I would have thought.

Soldato
Sounds like Jordan Ayew is coming to Palace on a year-long loan with a buy option for January - Not a bad signing really, especially as it's just a loan (for the time being...).

Would still love to see either Loftus-Cheek or Bolasie back to Palace on a loan, but I think it's unlikely now.

Man of Honour

LOL! Properly laughed at that.

It's funny because it's true :(

Man of Honour
That seems weird, so clubs here could lose players to European clubs and not be able to replace them?

Yeah that's what all the fuss is about with this bizarre decision to end it early. Close the window to avoid unsettled players once the season starts, yet still have unsettled players due to European clubs turning their heads. Makes no sense

Don
That seems weird, so clubs here could lose players to European clubs and not be able to replace them?
Everybody keeps saying this but think about it logically. If a PL side doesn't want to sell a player, they don't have to and if you're a European side that wants to buy a PL player (one that's not actively for sale at least) you're not going to wait until after the PL deadline to try and sign him. Not that I'm convinced there's a lot of substance to the Pogba/Barca stories but using that as an example, Barca will know that (unless Utd want to sell him) there's not a chance in hell that Utd would accept an offer after deadline day and even if they would, it would cost twice as much as before the PL deadline. If we see any PL players move abroad after the deadline it will be players that they're actively looking to sell and don't need replacing.

Back
Top Bottom