Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Not a bad start for Gervinho it seems :)

Want to see where the Arsenal critics are now. 3 goals in 6 games, and A LOT of quality runs.

They'll be of exactly the same opinion, he was rubbish in a good league. He was pretty good in the French league, that's why Arsenal bought him.

Caporegime
They'll be of exactly the same opinion, he was rubbish in a good league. He was pretty good in the French league, that's why Arsenal bought him.

Pretty much this really.

Oh no, I don't really care what Arsenal fans thought.

Just showing that that not all the people in here are as good as they think they are in predictions.

Want to see where the Arsenal critics are now. 3 goals in 6 games, and A LOT of quality runs.

Seems like you do care what Arsenal fans think of him funnily enough otherise you wouldnt be bringing him up would you??. Dont think any Arsenal fan really gives a flying toss about him anymore, im just glad we offloaded him when we did rather than have him sucking up wages from us.

Saying that though, i do wish him the best with his new team :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Noo whut, I don't get it. Not winning? Need players? DONT SPEND?!!?!

What's not to get??

All he's saying is that it's difficult to buy the very best players in January. Which is true. Most of the very top players will be still competing in either the Europa League, or Champions League. Is a top, top player going to want to move in January knowing that they'll be cup tied and miss out on half a season of European football? Or would they prefer to wait and see who else comes in for them in the summer?

January is a difficult time to buy any real quality, that's all that Moyes is saying and it's the same as Fergie always said too.

And Moyes is spot on that Man U should be looking to add quality, they've got a decent squad, but there are too many 'squad' players and not nearly enough 'world class' (or even close) players.

The Summer transfer window was a disaster for Moyes, but he was barely through the door in time to have any real chance of attracting the right players.

Give the guy a break.

Soldato
If Kagawa does go, then I'll jump on the "Moyes Out" wagon.

I don't get this either.

Kagawa is undoubtedly a fantastic player, arguably one of the best individuals available to Man U just now.

Does he fit into Man U's system? Not from what I've seen. Can he? Maybe, but the coaching staff are far better placed to decide than anyone here.

Kagawa's game is completely suited to having other players in and around him, a short pass and move style game. To get the best out of him, Man U would need to change their style of play, most likely at the expense of other players.

Moyes is hardly going to change the whole team's style of play overnight, so Kagawa will either have to adapt or remain a fringe player. It's not as if he was a regular under Fergie and Moyes has come in and shunned him. If that was the case, then I could maybe understand it a bit more.

Caporegime
What's not to get??

All he's saying is that it's difficult to buy the very best players in January. Which is true. Most of the very top players will be still competing in either the Europa League, or Champions League. Is a top, top player going to want to move in January knowing that they'll be cup tied and miss out on half a season of European football? Or would they prefer to wait and see who else comes in for them in the summer?

January is a difficult time to buy any real quality, that's all that Moyes is saying and it's the same as Fergie always said too.

And Moyes is spot on that Man U should be looking to add quality, they've got a decent squad, but there are too many 'squad' players and not nearly enough 'world class' (or even close) players.

The Summer transfer window was a disaster for Moyes, but he was barely through the door in time to have any real chance of attracting the right players.

Give the guy a break.

What makes you think we are trying to sign the very best in Europe?

You don't watch cavani move in summer or ozil move in summer and then buy fellaini if you have any intention of buying anywhere close to the best players. Sorry to break it to you but we've been buying b rate players and decent(but not the best) prospectsfor years now and this will continue. The January/summer time frame has nothing to do with us not trying to sign the best players.

Soldato

Just showing that that not all the people in here are as good as they think they are in predictions.

You could say the same about a lot of players who don't do it in the Premier League and are excellent elsewhere. Look at Veron, for instance. I don't really understand your point.

Soldato

He may well be a decent player, and I hope he does well with his career, as he always tried - But that doesn't mean he was any good in the PL. In fact, He's one of the worst I've seen in an Arsenal shirt for a while. I have no idea how a professional footballer can miss so many easy chances. Yeah, he had good positioning and made lots of decent runs, but there was absolutely no point.

Soldato
What makes you think we are trying to sign the very best in Europe?

Maybe what Moyes said in the article you linked and other recent comments he's made.

Moyes said: ‘I’ll look at January but I wouldn’t want people to have big expectations about what you would sign or do in January because I don’t think January has in the main been a really good month to sign really at the top.
‘If you’re in trouble near the bottom of the league you might if you’re desperate for something but I think where we’ll be with Manchester United we’ll be looking for the top.

You were the one that said you were surprised he wasn't expecting to spend money in January. He's explained why and it makes sense. Man U don't need 'prospects' or mediocre 'reinforcements', which is what tends to be available in January.

You don't watch cavani move in summer or ozil move in summer and then buy fellaini if you have any intention of buying anywhere close to the best players. Sorry to break it to you but we've been buying b rate players and decent(but not the best) prospectsfor years now and this will continue. The January/summer time frame has nothing to do with us not trying to sign the best players.

No one is disputing that this summer's window was a bit of a shambles for man u, but Moyes was barely through the door. There's a lot of other people in the club who're equally as much to blame. But again you're now complaining that Moyes should just ***** cash in January instead of identifying real class targets for next summer, simply because you've apparently been doing this for years and within weeks of Moyes walking through the door you're already convinced it won't change, despite him stating to the contrary.

It's also not like he's said he won't spend in January, just that he doesn't expect quality targets to be available.

Stop being so negative.

Soldato
Maybe what Moyes said in the article you linked and other recent comments he's made.

You were the one that said you were surprised he wasn't expecting to spend money in January. He's explained why and it makes sense. Man U don't need 'prospects' or mediocre 'reinforcements', which is what tends to be available in January.

No one is disputing that this summer's window was a bit of a shambles for man u, but Moyes was barely through the door. There's a lot of other people in the club who're equally as much to blame. But again you're now complaining that Moyes should just ***** cash in January instead of identifying real class targets for next summer, simply because you've apparently been doing this for years and within weeks of Moyes walking through the door you're already convinced it won't change, despite him stating to the contrary.

It's also not like he's said he won't spend in January, just that he doesn't expect quality targets to be available.

Stop being so negative.

Don't try and reason with Nick/Running Man - He doesn't read your words, he automatically knows you've disagreed with him, so starts headbutting his keyboard.

Soldato

Good for him. He had a few good spells at Arsenal too with 3 or 4 goals in as manay games but overal he was pretty poor.

Like most other Arsenal fans I wouldnt want him back. I would be surprised if he gets into double figures by the end of the season. But best of luck to him.

Caporegime

Stop being so negative.

I'm not being negative but when was the last time we tried and succeeded in buying the very best players in Europe or south America. The acts of the last 5 years tell me that we won't regardless of what Moyes wants you to believe. Fergie trawled out the no value in January season after season but then it was the same Sumner after summer too. Watching the world's best move around with us balking ar paying that extra 5 or 10 million required to get that transfer done. Don't be fooled and misled about the month of January. It has more to do with us not wanting to overspend than it does for us wanting to buy the best.

No overspending isn't ideal but that's the business we are in and sadly our record was set 5 years ago and sadly was not spent at all well or on the very best in Europe.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you're complaining because it hasn't happened in the past, so you're assuming it will never happen in the future? You should just stop following football, you'll never be happy.

It's not even like Man U's previous transfer strategy didn't contribute to a reasonable amount of success.

Yes they need to strengthen, but they've done it in the past, why assume they won't again?

You're just complaining because Moyes has basically said that he doesn't expect to be able to sign the sort of quality that he's after in January. Which is normal, most sane people know that it's hard to get quality players in January, for the reasons I've already given.

He's not saying he won't sign anyone, just that people shouldn't expect 3 world class signings then.

Didn't Man U sign Vidic in January? So you can get quality and they'll know that, but you have to identify the right targets (even more so than you might during the summer). That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom