Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

What about teams requesting premium prices for players they arent playing? (£80m for Morata, he maybe a great player, but thats Ronaldo /Bale money for a bit part player)
Are you suggesting that selling clubs should be more reasonable and allow their players to leave for smaller fees? That's plain mad. If Real believe that Utd or any other buying club is willing to pay a stupid fee then they are absolutely right to demand it. Buying, not selling clubs are the cause of inflated fees. Selling clubs will always push for the most they can get, how much that is depends entirely on the buying clubs.

Are you suggesting that selling clubs should be more reasonable and allow their players to leave for smaller fees? That's plain mad. If Real believe that Utd or any other buying club is willing to pay a stupid fee then they are absolutely right to demand it. Buying, not selling clubs are the cause of inflated fees. Selling clubs will always push for the most they can get, how much that is depends entirely on the buying clubs.

and as I said asking £50m more than what he was worth last summer, for a single season where he was mainly a barely-used sub is plain madness - whether the other club can afford it or not.

Costa wasn't exactly a wordie either when he came to Chelsea. He was highly regarded but not in the top 10 strikers in the world at the time.

I have no idea how much it would take to get Mbappe from monaco but I would kind of rather we spent the Morata money on him ( I know he could be another 40m on top of the figures for Morata).

He looks like a much better version of Rashford.

There are claims that monaco have rejected huge offers for Mbappe but I find that hard to believe. Offer them £100m and they would bite your hand off.

From the sounds of it he only has eyes for Barca and Real, so I'm not sure Utd would get anywhere anyway however nice it would be to see him playing for Utd

and as I said asking £50m more than what he was worth last summer, for a single season where he was mainly a barely-used sub is plain madness - whether the other club can afford it or not.
:confused:

It's Real's job to get as much money for him as possible. It would be madness for them to sell him for a penny less than they believed someone would be willing to sign him for.

He's worth whatever Real can convince Utd or whoever to else to pay. How good, bad or unused he was makes **** all difference. We can all say it's mental and we don't think he's worth it but all that matter is how much the buying club is willing to spend.

Whichever way you look at it, £30m is very expensive but he is a very good keeper. Ultimately Everton have took the decision to go for him over somebody equally as good from abroad for half the price because there's less risk in terms of settling in and adapting.

And fwiw, isn't the fee only £22m, rising to £30m. Still a lot but as above, any decent keeper is going to cost you £10-15m these days.

There is also the fact that there are home grown rules still so if you can get an english or home grown player who is good enough they are worth their weight in gold basically. Not too much attention is paid to it any more but there is a reason the likes of City paid so much and are persisting with and hoping to hell Stones ends up good enough.

With a dearth of top english players then the few that are genuinely good enough really are worth a hell of a lot more.

The prices in football is just completely mad at the moment, but with the income they get from TV and sponsors I guess it makes up for it. But 70-80 million for players that are not near the top of the world or up and coming youngsters? It is completely barking mad. But I believe the agents are a big reason for the fees as well. And as someone said somewhere else as well, why should the clubs pay the agents? In any other entertainment industry it is the players who pay their own agents and not the clubs, same in film/music industry (at least to my knowledge). Sometime the football bubble will burst though..

The prices in football is just completely mad at the moment, but with the income they get from TV and sponsors I guess it makes up for it. But 70-80 million for players that are not near the top of the world or up and coming youngsters? It is completely barking mad. But I believe the agents are a big reason for the fees as well. And as someone said somewhere else as well, why should the clubs pay the agents? In any other entertainment industry it is the players who pay their own agents and not the clubs, same in film/music industry (at least to my knowledge). Sometime the football bubble will burst though..

Agents need to be regulated as they take far too much from the game and give nothing back.

They've been regulated but nothing can or will change. You can come up with 100 laws but there will always be a way around them - if a club wants a player enough they'll pay the selling club, player and agent whatever they have to.

As bad for the game as some agents are, it's not them that have caused prices to increase. It's a simple down to the amount of money in the game. Not that long ago a fair few PL clubs hadn't spent over £10m on a player and only a few could ever think about spending more than £20m. It's now possible for every PL side to spend over £20m on a player, a fair few can spend over £30m without too much problems and the biggest sides can spend over £50m without it being a big deal. When a £20m player was available 10 years ago there was only a few clubs that could afford him so there wasn't the market to push the price higher, now you have every club in the League that can afford him and the competition pushes the price higher.

Didn't they kind of de-regulate the agents? There is no criteria from FIFA what would be classified as an agent, and they said they will not do much about people involved either. Some clubs spend more on an agent in a single transfer than they do for certain players at times.

That isn't how much he was worth last summer, they had a buyback clause for him.

Well done for finding a technicality

He was bought for £30m last summer and after sitting on the bench for most of the season they suddenly want £80m for him

Its stupid every way you want to look at it.

Im not expecting RM to give him away, they are after all a business - but they also should be reasonable , and it would work for (or against ) themselves in the future - Monaco can be even more unreasonable about Mbappe for example

Arsenal official FB site is talking about the possible transfers the papers are reporting on - seems idiotic to me. Must be close to season ticket renewal time.

MeBappy and LackyGazette feature but I'm doubtful we'd have any chance to sign either.

Really do want Alexandre Lacazette, I just do not think he is better than what we have, now Mbappe I would have in a second, though at 100m+ I'm not so sure, yeah if he turns out to be a T Henry, then yes he is defintely worth it, but he could still end up been a Francies Jeffers :p

Moussa Dembélé, not sure why we not chasing him a lot harder, got a feeling he could be brillant, but even if not think he would be a lot cheaper than Mbappe, and limits the risk

Riyad Mahrez, another player i do not think we need tbh.

The one thing AW is right about, its the player not the money thats important, way to many fans these days are hung up on what a player costs, and yes I do understand that most top players command a huge fee, but Stones v Holding?

Most of the players we been linked with I dont think we need tbh, we need 1 top (as in world class stiker), if we get than and hold on to Sanchez, we will be more than fine up front, I would want one more proper defensive midfielder, and if we can get another good defender (which we may already have.) we will be set.

And ofc for everyone to get behind AW and the team.

Well done for finding a technicality

He was bought for £30m last summer and after sitting on the bench for most of the season they suddenly want £80m for him

Thats not a technicality, thats just pointing out that its an irrelevance. If you managed to buy Messi for £20 that wouldn't change his value if you decided to sell him the year after. They bought him back for £30m because they felt he would help the team and because he is worth more than that in the current market. If you can buy a player for X who is worth X + 10m you would be stupid not to even if he is surplus to requirements.

Thats not a technicality, thats just pointing out that its an irrelevance. If you managed to buy Messi for £20 that wouldn't change his value if you decided to sell him the year after. They bought him back for £30m because they felt he would help the team and because he is worth more than that in the current market. If you can buy a player for X who is worth X + 10m you would be stupid not to even if he is surplus to requirements.

The buyback clause isn't really a technicality either, it's a pretty crucial piece of information. :p

Back
Top Bottom