Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

I'll be very happy with Pickford regardless of the fee to be honest.

He's a great shot stopper but his distribution is superb as well.

Klassen and Ramirez heavily linked too.

Exactly! I'll be more than happy if we get Pickford. Our current keepers should have only ever been backup keepers, if we get Pickford hopefully he can make the position his for years to come.

It seems like we are getting our business done fairly early for a change as we're now favourites to get Michael Keane too.

Pickford to Everton looks done.

Great buy, he's a beast. Some of the games that Sunderland deserved to get absolutely destroyed in they were only saved from embarrassment by Pickford!

Very good buy, good price for someone who is a real talent and could well go on to play at the very top for many years. Without him Sunderland would've conceded considerably more last season.

Next England keeper for me, quite how he never made the squad this time around is beyond me.

Very good buy, good price for someone who is a real talent and could well go on to play at the very top for many years. Without him Sunderland would've conceded considerably more last season.

Next England keeper for me, quite how he never made the squad this time around is beyond me.

Thats a biit much for me. Theres a few ahead of him and hes just been relegated with Sunderland. Hes a good keeper but thats a lot of money!

Thats a biit much for me. Theres a few ahead of him and hes just been relegated with Sunderland. Hes a good keeper but thats a lot of money!

Transfer cash has gone bonkers so in the current climate doesn't feel like an outrageous price, English tax etc etc.

If Bravo cost £17 million Pickford should be more like £100 million :p

Whichever way you look at it, £30m is very expensive but he is a very good keeper. Ultimately Everton have took the decision to go for him over somebody equally as good from abroad for half the price because there's less risk in terms of settling in and adapting.

And fwiw, isn't the fee only £22m, rising to £30m. Still a lot but as above, any decent keeper is going to cost you £10-15m these days.

Football transfers are getting out of hand and only increasing. My prediction is we will get a moment in the future where this bubble bursts and we go back to sane transfer fees. At least for a while anyway.

It's unsustainable similar to the recent financial crisis.

---

On the subject of Arsenal.... I dont want to lose Sanchez but is it worth keeping an unhappy player for one more year and lose them for free next summer?

I think we will sell him abroad (Bayern) and then spend the money on Lacazete (realistic) or go all out with a mega bid for Mbappe (unrealistic).

Wenger speaks of buying '2-3 top top' players, but that should be addition to what we have, not one in one out!

Andre Wisdom off to Derby for 4m then, seems like only yesterday that he was touted to break into the first team, just never seemed to quite happen though and at 24 now, he cant really carry on with no first team football.

Andre Wisdom off to Derby for 4m then, seems like only yesterday that he was touted to break into the first team, just never seemed to quite happen though and at 24 now, he cant really carry on with no first team football.
Never looked good enough imo, glad he got a permanent move it may settle him and improve him over all

Also salah back to a done deal for us again lol

It's not Ronaldo/Bale money, those transfers were years ago. Ronaldo in today's market would have been at least double that.

Jack Butland cost Stoke £5m from Birmingham 4 years ago.

That's a hell of a fee hopefully the lad is worth it - Pickford that is, not Butland.

It's not Ronaldo/Bale money, those transfers were years ago. Ronaldo in today's market would have been at least double that.

In the sense that they were playing week in week out (not playing 5 minutes here and there when it suited ZZ)

Im also not convinced the prices / market will be reset as easily as just mentioned , unless the tv rights market colapses first

Last edited:
In the sense that they were playing week in week out (not playing 5 minutes here and there when it suited ZZ)

Morata's stats when he did play are actually excellent, we're obviously prepared to gamble that as first choice striker he can maintain the same level of performance.

There aren't really any top level first choice strikers available at the moment.

Morata's stats when he did play are actually excellent, we're obviously prepared to gamble that as first choice striker he can maintain the same level of performance.

There aren't really any top level first choice strikers available at the moment.

Im not disputing the quality - im disputing the heavily inflated price for what RM consider a substitute , IF he was playing 50% of their games or something that would be a reasonable price

I know there arent many around / available, which of course works in RM's favour. Its also a bit of a ****** for RM to ask for £50m more than what they paid this time last year to buy him back

edit - Was Costa the last premium striker to move from Spain to England , 3 years ago for £32m?
Last one I can recall anyway.

edit - Was Costa the last premium striker to move from Spain to England , 3 years ago for £32m?
Last one I can recall anyway.

Costa wasn't exactly a wordie either when he came to Chelsea. He was highly regarded but not in the top 10 strikers in the world at the time.

I have no idea how much it would take to get Mbappe from monaco but I would kind of rather we spent the Morata money on him ( I know he could be another 40m on top of the figures for Morata).

He looks like a much better version of Rashford.

There are claims that monaco have rejected huge offers for Mbappe but I find that hard to believe. Offer them £100m and they would bite your hand off.

Back
Top Bottom