Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Soooo, City’s defence is crap but Ederson is made to look good as it’s City. However, Allison has the best front four in front of him right now yet in a different league to Ederson. Lols.

He makes so many mistakes when under pressure. When City have so much of the ball he doesn't have to do that much. This has always been their problem when they come up against top teams in Europe who challenge them defensively.

Don
He makes so many mistakes when under pressure. When City have so much of the ball he doesn't have to do that much. This has always been their problem when they come up against top teams in Europe who challenge them defensively.

I thought the better keepers were the ones that could have nothing to do all game and then be called into action when needed. Which is what he does.

“So many mistakes” is a farcical statement but I guess it’s just the hatred City bring. I have no allegiances to City but to rate him average is ridiculous.

Soldato
I thought the better keepers were the ones that could have nothing to do all game and then be called into action when needed. Which is what he does.

“So many mistakes” is a farcical statement but I guess it’s just the hatred City bring. I have no allegiances to City but to rate him average is ridiculous.

Ive just posted a video from this season where he made two. I can count a few times where hes raced out and committed fouls as well. If that's Pickford he's getting the lols thrown at him.

He isnt average, i dont think anyone here called him that to be fair but he isnt Alissons level.

Don
The point about not having much to do is in relation to City's defensive record. You could have a back 4 and keeper of me, you, Adam, Omnom and Shami and we'd keep 10+ clean sheets playing in this City side.

He's been a good signing for City, mainly down to how well suited he is to City's style of play. His ability on the ball helps City keep the ball better and his willingness to sweep up anything within 40 yards of goal allows them to push higher up the pitch, which helps them pin teams back and allow fewer attacks on goal. Alisson would have been an excellent signing though - he'd have done all of what Ederson does but also saved more shots and caught more crosses, and has an amazing beard.

Soldato
This is typical United, paying over the odds for one player. City have signed Ake and are on the brink (pretty much confirmed deal) of signing Ferran Torres, combined cost of about 80m Euros after add-ons (so could be cheaper than that).

Plenty of other positions need strengthening or additional depth added such as another CB, LB and potentially a RB. We don't have any option after AWB really, and AWB needs pressure on his position to improve his forward play. We never seem to buy smart anymore.

Caporegime
This is typical United, paying over the odds for one player. City have signed Ake and are on the brink (pretty much confirmed deal) of signing Ferran Torres, combined cost of about 80m Euros after add-ons (so could be cheaper than that).

Plenty of other positions need strengthening or additional depth added such as another CB, LB and potentially a RB. We don't have any option after AWB really, and AWB needs pressure on his position to improve his forward play. We never seem to buy smart anymore.
They should be offering Dortmund €120m and Lingard.

Caporegime
More like €150 million and Lingard :p

I’m not convinced Sancho is the right signing for United. He’s undoubtedly very, very good and will only improve but Greenwood has broken through and they still have Martial and Rashford which has proven to be a potent attack.

They should be looking at replacing their keeper and at least half of their back 4 first imo.

Caporegime
We haven't had a right winger for 4 years I believe, we definitely need one. We need depth in our forward positions, Sancho will let us rest players more often and gives us versatility.

Caporegime
So who’s going to be on the bench, Martial, Greenwood or Rashford? Because Sancho isn’t being signed to sit on the bench for €100 odd million.
You’d have to expect Fernandes, Pogba and Sancho (if signed) to start. That really doesn’t leave much room for many others. Rashford will likely play up front, Greenwood too maybe, he seems a real talent, one that United won’t want to miss out on. That really leaves one space for five or six people.

Caporegime
That’s a seriously attacking midfield, no holding midfielder? Pogba has shown he can’t do it, at least not to a high enough level. I suppose they could go with a Keegan score 5 if they score 4 approach but can’t see that working out too well.

I’d hate to see Greenwood start being a bit part player, he couldn’t have done too much more for a breakout season. As an Englishman he’s one to get excited about.

Caporegime
That’s a seriously attacking midfield, no holding midfielder? Pogba has shown he can’t do it, at least not to a high enough level. I suppose they could go with a Keegan score 5 if they score 4 approach but can’t see that working out too well.

I’d hate to see Greenwood start being a bit part player, he couldn’t have done too much more for a breakout season. As an Englishman he’s one to get excited about.
I think the other midfielder will have to be a holding one. Matic maybe. If you’re someone like Daniel James I really wouldn’t be expecting much game time next season, regardless of Sancho signing or not.

Caporegime
So who’s going to be on the bench, Martial, Greenwood or Rashford? Because Sancho isn’t being signed to sit on the bench for €100 odd million.

Greenwood of course, but the idea is we'd be able to rotate. Same as how City sometimes have Mahrez, Bernardo Silva etc on the bench. He's 18 and we play twice a week, he'll get plenty of football

Caporegime
More like €150 million and Lingard :p

I’m not convinced Sancho is the right signing for United. He’s undoubtedly very, very good and will only improve but Greenwood has broken through and they still have Martial and Rashford which has proven to be a potent attack.

They should be looking at replacing their keeper and at least half of their back 4 first imo.

He is not there to replace the front three but to supplement it. You cannot beat Man City by having one team. You need several players to help rotate the full team.

Caporegime
For a player to cost that much he should be starting every single week if fit. If he’s being brought in with a view to rotate then he’s not significantly better than who is already there, and that money would be better spent elsewhere which was my original point.

I’m not a big believer in rotation. The odd rest here and there sure, but not on a regular basis. How often does VVD get rotated? Or Sterling? Or Kane? Hardly ever, the same could be said for a lot of top players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom