Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Fair wedge to be made between Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Baba (!!!), Zappacosta and Kenedy, then the dross from the first team squad - Kepa, Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma, Emerson, Jorginho, Barkley and Batshuyai. Willian looks like he'll be on his bike soon and he's not worth a three year deal. I've not followed how Moses has gotten on but we could do worse than bring him back as backup depending how Frank wants to set the team up.

If Havertz does arrive that leaves us top heavy

ST - Werner, Giroud, Tammy
AM - Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Havertz & Mount/RLC
MF - Kovacic, Kante, Billy, Mount/RLC

We almost certainly need at least one defender and a left back in the summer, goalkeeper is a problem but there's a bigger issue in the defenders right now, they're all bad, and even Azpi has started to look past his best. I've had enough of Rudiger.

We went into this season with no expectations, but the ones who have let us down have been the experienced players, Frank can't afford to persist with them, needs to be ruthless.

Man of Honour
Sounds like the Sancho deal is getting closer, all the right noises coming out of the various camps.

€60m+€60m in instalments. All things considered not too bad in today's transfer market and we need a dedicated wide player. Martial, Rashford and Greenwood are not proper wide players.

Don
Is alex our very own itk?

edit: James Ducker is reporting that Utd have actually agreed to pay Sanchez off to get him to leave.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully Arteta can tie up willian he would be another great asset for us :)

I like Willian...a couple of years ago or as a back up. Not as first choice. He’ll cost you an absolute tonne and I’m not sure your priorities should be there tbh. Likely a 3 year deal for a fella who’s 32 next week is daft in my opinion. 200+ k a week plus a hefty signing on fee for a fella who has a 1 in 7 record?

Not for me.

Soldato
I like Willian...a couple of years ago or as a back up. Not as first choice. He’ll cost you an absolute tonne and I’m not sure your priorities should be there tbh. Likely a 3 year deal for a fella who’s 32 next week is daft in my opinion. 200+ k a week plus a hefty signing on fee for a fella who has a 1 in 7 record?

Not for me.

what?? He'll be a free transfer so hardly going to cost them a ton, and he's been one of Chelsea's best players this seaosn, he's been great this year, 9 goals and 9 assists is decent, he'll be a big upgrade for that Arsenal team.

It's a no brainer to sign him. He won't even need to move house and will settle in very quickly.

Soldato
what?? He'll be a free transfer so hardly going to cost them a ton, and he's been one of Chelsea's best players this seaosn, he's been great this year, 9 goals and 9 assists is decent, he'll be a big upgrade for that Arsenal team.

It's a no brainer to sign him. He won't even need to move house and will settle in very quickly.

Anything’s an upgrade on Pepe but it’s hardly looking to the future is it.

As for a free transfer? Lol his signing on fee will be a transfer fee in itself. Isn’t he reportedly refusing to sign a 200k 2 year deal? How much do you think he will cost Arsenal?

Soldato

As for a free transfer? Lol his signing on fee will be a transfer fee in itself. Isn’t he reportedly refusing to sign a 200k 2 year deal? How much do you think he will cost Arsenal?
But they believe Pepe is God for the one dribble past dijk surely they can't improve on him ha :p

Soldato

And who else should they be signing for the same outlay that is better than Willian....?

Soldato

Not for me.
no give him 100k a week 2 year deal, done

Caporegime
Seems odd, isn't it Chelsea who don't like to offer more than 1 year contracts for over 30s? Two years at his age seems a good compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom