Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
mustafi and sokratis have a year left so imagine they will both leave next season

we've got 8 cbs tho :o
You really want 5. 2 first choice, 3 rotation. So Mustafi and Sokratis sold with Kola maybe too.

5 will be Gabriel, Saliba, Luiz, Mari and Holding. Maybe 1 extra is useful in case of injury crisis, which let’s face it, is very likely with our record :rolleyes:

Don
Romano saying the deal has not been agreed. That Gabriel has offers accepted from Arsenal and Napoli.
You don't still believe him do you? He's the biggest blagger going. Sancho to Utd was close to being done 2 weeks ago, 30 minutes after Bild report that Liverpool are negotiating with Bayern for Thiago he copies and pastes the same rumour, which Liverpool rubbished shortly after.

He sees a transfer story and just adds a slant to it but consistently exposes himself for talking ****.

Soldato
I really want Leeds to sign Ben White from Brighton. He's rejected new contracts and they've signed a few defenders, yet they still reject our bids. Latest bid of £22m rejected :(

Soldato
I really want Leeds to sign Ben White from Brighton. He's rejected new contracts and they've signed a few defenders, yet they still reject our bids. Latest bid of £22m rejected :(

How good is he? Do you think he's premier league level?

Im not being a knob i havent seen him play lol.

If so i can see why they are rejecting it. You only have to look around at what cbs are going for to see why.

Associate
How good is he? Do you think he's premier league level?

Im not being a knob i havent seen him play lol.

If so i can see why they are rejecting it. You only have to look around at what cbs are going for to see why.

He rejected their latest contract offer that would have put him on 20k a week, yet are pricing him at apparently 40mil.

obviously have Eubanks doing their negotiations :D

Don
Nathan Ake just went for 40 mil. Why would they sell this fella for half that?

Like you said above, he’s never even played in the PL. Its a risk for both teams really, however what we saw of him in the Champ he would be worth it for 25m.
I think we need to look at other options now though, wasting to much time on it and 40m is a bit mental.

Soldato
Like you said above, he’s never even played in the PL. Its a risk for both teams really, however what we saw of him in the Champ he would be worth it for 25m.
I think we need to look at other options now though, wasting to much time on it and 40m is a bit mental.

Right but

He will be an England international next year that’s for sure.

Why on earth would they let him go cheaply?

Caporegime
Happens to a lot of Championship players who are unproven in the PL. There seems to be some artificial barrier around the 30mil mark that clubs won't breach as there are far too many players who crumble when moving up a division.

Isn't Moussa Sissoko the only player to be signed from a Championship side (Newcastle) to a PL club (Spurs) for more than 30mil?

Soldato
Is 30m cheap? Kalvin Philips was on the verge of breaking into England and he nearly sold for 20m in the summer so it’s all horses for courses.

How much do you think you'd get for him now?

I think English CBs are at a premium at the minute which doesnt help Leeds.

Mel Reddy is suggesting we need to get rid of a midfielder to bring Thaigo in.

Don
Wijnaldum to Barca looking more and more likely. If they sell him and bring Thiago in, that's some very good business. He'll take their midfield up a notch.
Are there any reliable stories linking Wijnaldum to Barca? At the moment all I've seen is lazy links because Koeman's gone to Barca.

As for the Wijnaldum/Thiago upgrade point, I don't think it's quite as simple as you say in terms of taking our midfield up a notch. I've always said that Wijnaldum is massively underrated but even if you put that to one side and accept that Thiago is a more technically gifted player, there's other things you need to look at. Wijnaldum has been pretty much Klopp's go to man ever since he joined the club - he's never injured and with the exception of full back, he's played every single outfield position for us at some point or another. Thiago wouldn't offer you the flexibility of Wijnaldum and the big(ish) concern is his fitness record and how his bold will cope playing in our midfield. Both fitness and flexibility are important to us, how we play and how Klopp builds his squad and in a season where you'll be playing every 3 days for 9 months, it's going to be even more important.

Klopp's mentioned several times over the last 18 months that he doesn't want to carry a big squad but the one area of the pitch where he does like to have 1 too many rather than 1 too few is midfield. Because of the way we play and the demands on our midfield, it's the one area that he rotates fairly regularly and because we don't have a huge number of options in other positions, it's important that those midfielders are capable of covering elsewhere too. As above, Wijnaldum has played CB, every different central midfield role, wide in a 4, wide in a front 3 and even as a striker. It's a similar story with all our central midfielders in fact with Milner playing nearly everywhere at some point, Henderson playing fullback & RM, Fabinho playing at CB, Ox & Keita playing in the front 3 and wide in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1.

Unless we were to get a big fee then I'd much rather lose Wijnaldum on a free than sell him regardless of Thiago because his reliability & flexibility is going to be needed next season. If there's any truth in the Thiago links and we can't sign him without selling somebody or sacrificing another signing then sign him at the expense of a CB. Fabinho, Hendo & Wijnaldum + plus a couple of kids can play the ~10 games Lovren played last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom