Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yea i dont like that one. His reliability is one of his biggest pros imo. Replacing him with Thiago is a risk for me. Id like them both and let Gini leave next summer.

Don
The only rational is that he'll be 30 in a couple of months, will want a big contract and given how his physicality and energy are such a big part of his game, he might not age well. I'd rather keep him for another 12 months and lose him for nothing though.

Man of Honour
I'd much rather stick with Gini, who is proven at handling the pace, vigour, number of tough games and aggression of the EPL than drop him altogether and go with someone who hasnt yet had to cope with the pace, vigour, tough games and aggression of the EPL. Still feels too much to me like we are sitting on our laurels/standing still whilst others are enhancing. Didnt someone famous once say that keeping the same is the equivalent to going backwards because others will go past you?

Don
I remember the famous Tombstone saying that we were resting on our laurels 12 months ago ;)

And I swear we had a debate on here about our midfield with you calling for an overhaul, wanting more creative players. I remember launching a staunch defence of Gini.

Caporegime
Reports in Spain and Holland are saying that Gini's closing in on a move to Barca. I'd be gutted if it happens. He's the most underrated player going and has been the mainstay of our midfield since the day he signed.
£30m for Gini and £30m for Thiago. 4d thinking! Not sure where this often talked about £100m 'penalty' Barca apparently have to pay unless it was only for two years.

Man of Honour
I remember the famous Tombstone saying that we were resting on our laurels 12 months ago ;)

And I swear we had a debate on here about our midfield with you calling for an overhaul, wanting more creative players. I remember launching a staunch defence of Gini.

Well its nice to know I am famous :D

Thing is, an overhaul and more creative players can still be done, my point is that given a choice between a proven EPL player with a good playtime track record and an unproven EPL player with zero track record in the EPL, I would prefer to not lose the proven one. Would prefer to keep both, but even if it did come down to a choice then I would rather swap a proven EPL player with another proven EPL player rather than lose a proven player and replace them with a non-proven one. Something which would still be able to be done whilst simultaneously achieving my more creative midfielders request, there are creative ones around with proven EPL experience after all, the two attributes need not be mutually exclusive

Don
Hypothetically speaking, if we're talking about Thiago replacing Wijnaldum then who would be the PL proven Thiago that we could sign? If there was one then he'd almost certainly not be available and or cost a lot more.

I'm Wijnaldum's biggest fan and would love for him to stay and for us to still sign Thiago but it's difficult to justify doing that. With Curtis Jones coming into the fold that would leave us with 8 central midfield options. 8 into 3 is difficult to make work, even accounting for the handful of times Fabinho might play in defence or Ox in the front 3. I'd do it because I don't want Wijnaldum to leave but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Man of Honour
Hypothetically speaking, if we're talking about Thiago replacing Wijnaldum then who would be the PL proven Thiago that we could sign? If there was one then he'd almost certainly not be available and or cost a lot more.

I'm Wijnaldum's biggest fan and would love for him to stay and for us to still sign Thiago but it's difficult to justify doing that. With Curtis Jones coming into the fold that would leave us with 8 central midfield options. 8 into 3 is difficult to make work, even accounting for the handful of times Fabinho might play in defence or Ox in the front 3. I'd do it because I don't want Wijnaldum to leave but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

No idea to be honest, I'm not a scout nor have I given it much thought, at least not enough thought to sit and draw up a top 10 player list (nor will I). Glad that we at least agree on the "prefer to keep both" though :)

Don
Doucoure is a decent player and much more of what Everton need than James.
No idea to be honest, I'm not a scout nor have I given it much thought, at least not enough thought to sit and draw up a top 10 player list (nor will I). Glad that we at least agree on the "prefer to keep both" though :)
We don't have to worry about the economics of having 8 senior central midfielders and keeping them all happy though.

Man of Honour
United have finally signed a player.

Is he any decent?

@Robbo are you happy?

Very, good young player at a good price. People keep saying he's for the squad but he's probably good enough to be starting if he plays well.

Still need more though, hoping the Sancho deal gets done in the end and also a defender or two.

Soldato
Be surprised if Watkins doesn't go to Villa - £25m+ add-ons looks like the figure. Good for him, looking forward to seeing him play top flight football... would have preferred if it was with us, mind! Go for Exeter too - would see them make almost £5.5m in total.

Don
Be surprised if Watkins doesn't go to Villa - £25m+ add-ons looks like the figure. Good for him, looking forward to seeing him play top flight football... would have preferred if it was with us, mind! Go for Exeter too - would see them make almost £5.5m in total.

What’s happening with Benrahma? He can’t be staying surely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom