Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Pleased for Martinez. He's been a good keeper for a while and took his opportunity in fine fashion. It is a real shame to lose him from the squad though, and the hope is that we can replace him with a solid no.2 without having to spend most of his transfer fee to achieve that.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The tribalism in football is mindboggling. If this was my club I wouldn't be happy but apparently Some of the Arsenal fans are fine with this.

They're acting like pretty much any other business. As revenue drops they'll look to cut back on expenses wherever they can. Do you think there's any PL club continuing to pay all their temp & part-time match day staff at the start of this season while games are still behind closed doors? I highly doubt it and it would only cost them a fraction of a high earning players wages.

Arsenal not investing in the side will only result in their business being further damaged, which will only result in more jobs being lost.

I think you are missing my point. I’m not saying that other companies don’t do this. I’m saying it’s scummy to fire staff when the economy is a mess and you don’t have to. I think it’s scummy when any company does that. I would think it was scummy I’d United did it. This is nothing to do with it being arsenal specifically.

I’m also not saying they shouldn’t buy players. I’m literally saying, Arsenal have let a load of staff go that they didn’t have to, at a time when a job is a very precious thing. I don’t think that’s right.

Its what most large companies do when they don’t need staff regardless of how many millions on billions in profit they make. That doesn’t make it right.

Don
I know what you're saying but you're missing the point that if a business that's losing money doens't cut it's costs, the end result will be more job losses in the long term. It's no coincidence that the biggest clubs, making the most money have the most employees and you can guarantee that all the relegated clubs have had to make cut backs too.

You have to remember that covid is just another hit to Arsenal's finances. As a result of falling out of the CL Arsenal's revenue has barely grown in the past 5 seasons however expenses have continued to increase. Arsenal could swallow that for a few seasons because they built up a chunk of cash in the previous 10 years but at some point cut backs were going to have to be made. Covid was just what tipped it over the edge.

Soldato
Sad to see martinez go he's clearly a quality keeper but we paid good money for leno so cant just bench him

Martinez is too good to play second fiddle so whilst gutted he is going im happy for him and nice that he could win us a few trophies before leaving

Soldato
Pleased for Martinez. He's been a good keeper for a while and took his opportunity in fine fashion. It is a real shame to lose him from the squad though, and the hope is that we can replace him with a solid no.2 without having to spend most of his transfer fee to achieve that.

I assume they’ve got high hopes for Matt Macey and are looking to fill from within. Funds needed for other positions more than a 2nd keeper methinks.

Caporegime
Seems our interest in Sergio Reguilon may be real, sticking point is Madrid want a buyback clause. If we can get him without it would be a good signing. Would allow us to move Williams to right back as backup for AWB.

Caporegime
Seems our interest in Sergio Reguilon may be real, sticking point is Madrid want a buyback clause. If we can get him without it would be a good signing. Would allow us to move Williams to right back as backup for AWB.
Buyback clauses are generally the other club just has first dibs, there’s often not a fixed fee.

Caporegime
Buyback clauses are generally the other club just has first dibs, there’s often not a fixed fee.

That's not remotely true. What you're describing is a first refusal clause, they're something different. Buyback clause means the club can buy him back for a fixed price. Madrid and Barca have both used them a lot in the past (Morata to Juve, Deulofeu to Everton etc)

Man of Honour
I'd take him on a loan with no obligation, wouldn't want us to buy him though.

Yep, would have to be a loan.

Very concerning though, I know COVID isn't helping things but we ended the season very well and I was hoping we'd capitalise in the transfer market if we could. No sign of that yet.

Soldato
Yep, would have to be a loan.

Very concerning though, I know COVID isn't helping things but we ended the season very well and I was hoping we'd capitalise in the transfer market if we could. No sign of that yet.
Bank balance issues after Pogba and Maguire? Fernandez was a good buy but not cheap. Has Ighalo gone back to China now?

Soldato
Bank balance issues after Pogba and Maguire? Fernandez was a good buy but not cheap. Has Ighalo gone back to China now?
No we have him till Jan.

I echo everyone else here on Bale. Loan would be great, but way too much to buy. The wages would be eye watering and what we contribute with even a loan would be painful I imagine.

We need to crack on with some bloomin’ transfers. If the Palace game plays out the same as our last few games I’m not going to be a happy bunny. :(

Soldato
You're probably right, it would take a massive offer any to get him over here. I suppose it depends on the player, he's still only 21. He could come to the premiership for 4 years and go Spain at 25.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bale would be a stupid transfer. Would probably get injured and I have massive doubts how many ***** he would give. He seems perfectly happy to stay at Madrid for money instead of moving to play more and take a pay cut.

Caporegime
He wanted to move last summer but they blocked it at the last moment after promising to sell him and Zidane announcing he would be sold, tbh I completely agree with his attitude given the way they've treated him.

Caporegime
I think Bale's come across as an absolute **** in the last few years and it's no wonder Zidane wants rid of him. 31 years old, constantly injured, will be on an astronomical wage and will cause unrest. Hope he joins you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom