Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Man of Honour
Good to see Kabak back in the premier league, I always felt he had done enough during his loan period with Liverpool to earn himself a further shot in the premier league.

Caporegime
Good to see Kabak back in the premier league, I always felt he had done enough during his loan period with Liverpool to earn himself a further shot in the premier league.

He might be better than what they currently have but he's going to get tested a lot more often now. I'm not convinced he'll do that well there, he's a bit rash and I can see his head going on a number of occasions when they're getting battered.

Soldato
The PL rejected Utd's application to give Cavani the 21 and Ronaldo the 7 shirt so Ronaldo insisted Cavani is sold.

Where did you get that from? James is not officially sold (afaik) so no way United could have applied for numbers swaps yet. Either way it can't be such a stopping point since he already signed, if he was desprate for No7 then surely he would delay signing.

Man of Honour
He might be better than what they currently have but he's going to get tested a lot more often now. I'm not convinced he'll do that well there, he's a bit rash and I can see his head going on a number of occasions when they're getting battered.

It will be rough for him but he is still very young, especially for a centre back, so its all good learning experience.

Don
Where did you get that from? James is not officially sold (afaik) so no way United could have applied for numbers swaps yet. Either way it can't be such a stopping point since he already signed, if he was desprate for No7 then surely he would delay signing.
I was taking the **** :p

Man of Honour
Bellerin close to loan move, not sure what to think, I used to rate him but he seems a bit error prone. It really depends what system we play, I think he's ok as a wingback but less so in a back four.
Actually I do know what to think, it's another annoying loan meaning his value just trickles away whilst he's on loan, if we don't want him then just sell him rather than a loan. I don't like this revolving door system of you loan a player out and then buy a backup player or whatever, just keep the players you were going to loan as backup players and use the money to buy players that will improve the first team.

Sometimes we take it to extremes with the likes of Saliba, spend £27m on them then just loan them out constantly, what is the point in that. That perhaps makes sense to get a cheap youth player some experience but if you are spending £27m they must warrant a place on the bench at least after a year or two on loan.

For all the talk of Arsenal having to manage their finances properly, stingy owners etc which maybe was an issue 10 years ago, recently we seem to be masters of our own downfall with the amount of money getting frittered away. You got your Ozil was getting £70k/day to sit on twitter all day, loads of £20-30m players floating around, £72m on Pepe (who isn't terrible, but he's not the amazing bargain everyone claimed), Willian we've somehow dodged the last two years of his contract but that was still £1m/month in wages. Strikers costing in excess of £40m sat on the bench. Its got to stage where if people moan about other clubs spending huge wedges you have to look at yourself first, yes we don't have the budget of a City or a Chelsea or a PSG but that's all the more reason to spend the money we do have wisely.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're looking at Lookman from RB Leipzig on a season long loan.

No idea why we need a Left Winger, unless someone stumping up the £80m+ for either Tielemans or Maddison, as Barnes has just signed a new contract.

Soldato
Bellerin close to loan move, not sure what to think, I used to rate him but he seems a bit error prone. It really depends what system we play, I think he's ok as a wingback but less so in a back four.
Actually I do know what to think, it's another annoying loan meaning his value just trickles away whilst he's on loan, if we don't want him then just sell him rather than a loan. I don't like this revolving door system of you loan a player out and then buy a backup player or whatever, just keep the players you were going to loan as backup players and use the money to buy players that will improve the first team.

Sometimes we take it to extremes with the likes of Saliba, spend £27m on them then just loan them out constantly, what is the point in that. That perhaps makes sense to get a cheap youth player some experience but if you are spending £27m they must warrant a place on the bench at least after a year or two on loan.

For all the talk of Arsenal having to manage their finances properly, stingy owners etc which maybe was an issue 10 years ago, recently we seem to be masters of our own downfall with the amount of money getting frittered away. You got your Ozil was getting £70k/day to sit on twitter all day, loads of £20-30m players floating around, £72m on Pepe (who isn't terrible, but he's not the amazing bargain everyone claimed), Willian we've somehow dodged the last two years of his contract but that was still £1m/month in wages. Strikers costing in excess of £40m sat on the bench. Its got to stage where if people moan about other clubs spending huge wedges you have to look at yourself first, yes we don't have the budget of a City or a Chelsea or a PSG but that's all the more reason to spend the money we do have wisely.
Whats funy is that we have actually spent more than psg, city, united and chelsea this summer lol

Caporegime
They’re just getting worse every day. They have no self awareness whatsoever. It’s a calamity atm.

I see it first hand in the work place. I remember one place I worked was so poorly ran that management at my level was terrible as was the management above and the one above me. The place was so poorly ran that people were just completely out of their depth due to poor recruitment. I see a similar thing at Arsenal.

It would be wise at this point to bring back Wenger in some executive role to sort everything out before it spirals out of control.

People joke about Ole but he had 10 years managerial experience before taking over. Arteta was an assistant to Pep in the same vein that Steve McCLaren was assistant coach of the Treble winning side. Look how he turned out

It has gone beyond a meme now and is getting quite disturbing.

Man of Honour
The Arsenal situation is not a good one.

They have an untested manager who doesn't seem to be anything special.

The owners aren't interested but have spent significant money.

The fans love the drama and pile as much pressure on the club as they can at every opportunity (see AFTV).

Recruitment seems disjointed and confused.

Finally, the players are - for the most part - mid-table at best.

I think they just need to accept mediocrity for a season or two (not like they really have a choice here), try and settle things down, and go from there. Tough job though all round.

Caporegime
I never get the problem with the Krankies.

Arsenal have basically no debt. Have one of the best stadiums in the country all while being debt free and have only spent less than Man United in the past ten years. (Excluding Chelsea and City for obvious reasons).

They are a million times better than our owners.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I never get the problem with the Krankies.

Arsenal have basically no debt. Have one of the best stadiums in the country all while being debt free and have only spent less than Man United in the past ten years. (Excluding Chelsea and City for obvious reasons).

They are a million times better than our owners.

Because like our fans, they look at all of this and think "why the **** aren't we doing better".

There is no excuse for United and Arsenal not to both be run 100x better than they have over the past 10+ years. No money issues, large fan base, high revenues, big club appeal and yet both sets of fans have watched their teams lurch from one poor season to another. They also have to watch the likes of City and Liverpool run their clubs really well and with minimum drama or fuss.

Back
Top Bottom