Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Consigliere
Is a £15m player really an upgrade? That speaks volumes if true. It'll be interesting to see how these Dutch players adapt to the EPL. Depay, anyone?

I'll happily admit to being overly critical. More than happy to be proven wrong. Nothing so far suggests any reason to not be overly critical.

Crikey missed this sweeping statement about all Dutch footballers. :p

Yeah you're being overly critical. :) Lets see how it all goes.

Soldato
Are we signing them then? I said 'these' players. Are you comparing our potential singings to those you stated?
you actually said 'these dutch' players. whether it was your intention or not the implication was that dutch players haven't fared well in the epl, highlighted further by you mentioning a notable dutch failure. moreover i was joking, but if you want to go on the defensive over a silly post knock yourself out man.

Soldato
you actually said 'these dutch' players. whether it was your intention or not the implication was that dutch players haven't fared well in the epl, highlighted further by you mentioning a notable dutch failure. moreover i was joking, but if you want to go on the defensive over a silly post knock yourself out man.
Why would I be referring to players we're not singing, especially in a transfers thread, and at a time where we're linked to what, 5 Dutch players or players in the Dutch League.

Anyway, there's clearly nothing to discuss further (other than my original point) so I'll leave it at that.

Soldato
Having re-read what I wrote I can see how it may have come across unintentional to what I meant. What I meant was, are the players were buying actually good enough?

And beaides, VVd was already in EPL and cost a bit more than £15m. RVP also similar.

Nistelrooy, damn, those were the days :)

Man of Honour
More reports we're going after Ajax's Lisandro Martinez now, Arsenal want him too, but we've offered £5m more as it stands.

He would be a good signing, can play defensive midfield and also centre back. We could really use a DM.

Cause for concern @sigma, he's Argentine and plays for Ajax, so Di Maria & Depay in one! Disaster looms! :p

Caporegime
Having re-read what I wrote I can see how it may have come across unintentional to what I meant. What I meant was, are the players were buying actually good enough?
Nobody can really answer that until we see him play. If ETH thinks he needs him then it's the obvious choice.

My concern about these links with Martinez and Timber is height, they are both very short for CBs. The list of successful CBs that short is very small, even smaller if you only look at PL.

Soldato
More reports we're going after Ajax's Lisandro Martinez now, Arsenal want him too, but we've offered £5m more as it stands.

He would be a good signing, can play defensive midfield and also centre back. We could really use a DM.

Cause for concern @sigma, he's Argentine and plays for Ajax, so Di Maria & Depay in one! Disaster looms! :p

Finally, someone gets it ;) everyone else will assume he's Messi, Aguero and Maradona all in one.

Martinez can also at LB apparently, in some Farmers league. Should be good enough for us

Soldato
Alexander Buttner vibes?

Interns of what you guys have right now Inc New signing Malacia. Shaw/Tellers/Williams. In what order do you rate them? I am quite surprised no championship club has bought Williams yet, he did alrite for Norwich

Consigliere
Lukaku confirmed...well, it was anyways ages ago.

'Like coming home'
In an interview with Inter TV, Lukaku said it was "like coming home" and he had been in contact with his new coach Simone Inzaghi "all last season".

Sounds like he surely never wanted to leave Inter?

Soldato
Lukaku confirmed...well, it was anyways ages ago.

'Like coming home'
In an interview with Inter TV, Lukaku said it was "like coming home" and he had been in contact with his new coach Simone Inzaghi "all last season".

Sounds like he surely never wanted to leave Inter?

I'm not naive enough to know "tapping up" doesnt happen but can anything be done here? I hate Chelsea more then most dont get me wrong but this is all wrong. He signs for an outrageous fee. Stinks the place out all season moaning about wanting out then gets a move BACK to the team he came on loan from with Chelsea still paying some of his wages then reveals he's been chatting to the manager of Inter all season and he wasnt even his manager when he was there!?

Soldato
I'm not naive enough to know "tapping up" doesnt happen but can anything be done here? I hate Chelsea more then most dont get me wrong but this is all wrong. He signs for an outrageous fee. Stinks the place out all season moaning about wanting out then gets a move BACK to the team he came on loan from with Chelsea still paying some of his wages then reveals he's been chatting to the manager of Inter all season and he wasnt even his manager when he was there!?
He never wanted to leave though did he, they sold him because they needed the cash (hmm, I wonder what current situation that's like..). I think Inzaghi was he manager for a month or 2 at most.

Back
Top Bottom