Summer weather thread 2024

Caporegime
I’m starting this thread because I’m getting fed up of reading posts about people complaining of heatstroke every time a ray of sun appears.

So this thread is a moan free zone about the 2024 summer weather (weather of 2022 being a possible exception).

Although it’s summer, I still feel like I’m starting it before summer as it’s been so bloody awful and it doesn’t look like much of an improvement right into July. Still, weather can change rapidly and long term forecasts are very often just a load of guess work.

So if you want to discuss the summer weather in a positive eskimo free zone, this is the thread for you.

Soldato
Was freezing yesterday in Manchester, think it topped out about 11C. Certainly getting fed up of the cold and wet weather when it's supposed to now be summer.

It would have been much more bearable with this weather had we had an early heatwave in March/April.

Associate
You broke your own rule :p

Tbf i've found the weather in the last few months pretty good. Winter was not good due to lack of sun, but recently it's been okay. Had quite a few grey days still but the temps have been decent. Chilled in the evening and a pleasant but tolerable heat in the day.

Soldato
May was lovely here, June started well but next week or so looks pretty dull. Either way summer in the UK has never been endless sunshine and warm temps, people have been spoilt by the recent summers.

Back
Top Bottom