Summer weather thread 2024

Caporegime
Well me and the pup have been out today. But there were periods of rain!

P0hF109.jpeg

uFNxM97.jpeg

ww3ZSkq.jpeg

f4RBF0W.jpeg

That was pitch black! Only the phone amd pup could see anything!

Creepy as F, below is from Outside. It's a tunnel built in 1860s!
UHa0PFe.jpeg

vsrPhU6.jpeg

uZ4gzwV.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well me and the pup have been out today. But there were periods of rain!

P0hF109.jpeg

uFNxM97.jpeg

ww3ZSkq.jpeg

f4RBF0W.jpeg

That was pitch black! Only the phone amd pup could see anything!

Creepy as F, below is from Outside. It's a tunnel built in 1860s!
UHa0PFe.jpeg

vsrPhU6.jpeg

uZ4gzwV.jpeg

The landscape always looks more extreme up your way, i have Cornwall's 2 highest places walkable from the house but getting up Rough Tor and Brown Willy is pretty much done without breaking a sweat, family's park up in the free NT car park and stroll up, not that i am complaining just an observation.
think i may get in the ocean today, poor to fair but hey ho

Caporegime
The landscape always looks more extreme up your way, i have Cornwall's 2 highest places walkable from the house but getting up Rough Tor and Brown Willy is pretty much done without breaking a sweat, family's park up in the free NT car park and stroll up, not that i am complaining just an observation.
think i may get in the ocean today, poor to fair but hey ho

Yeah once you get into the beacons or further north you get some nice rapid altitude changes.

Although snowdonia and North Wales is even more exciting, we do have a lot of trees down this way.

Planning to get out on my mtb after lunch today. Wish had 3 day weekends when do 2 adventure things in 2 days.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if only i could sell rain,

just dress like the postmen, they are out in our naff climate all day and have it worked out.
Shorts that dry very quickly, gore-tex shoes and lightweight waterproof top with hood.

No goretex trail trainers at the moment for me. It's not quite wet enough.

But I had some nice paper thin leggings on so don't feel the wet. And shorts on top. Just incase it gets too warm for the leggings.

Then have my arc'teryx windshell and rain jacket for showers.
My day pack has enough room for all combos of that.

Edit
Yeah have to say my shorts I took were more "rugged" and wouldn't have been nice in the rain. I do need some more options for that.
Weather didn't look bad enough for waterproof trousers as they are a faff to on-off-on-off.
And it has to be proper solid rain or cold for my goretex shoes. As they are warmer than non. Even though they are "breathable"

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovely day sunny and very warm indeed when the sun's on you but jesus the wind its been blowing for days now piles of (green) leavees everywhere ripped off the trees put in a lot of plants recently they're getting battered to buggery

Back
Top Bottom