Summer weather thread 2024

Just had a notification on my phone...it 'may' stop raining this afternoon.

When it comes to weather improving even slightly in this country, I'll believe when I see it. :D

Think my day ahead is going to be under a blanket with the missus, watching a few films with some snacks. Not what I expected to be doing this summer. Even feels like a darker, pre clocks forward day today. I hate it. :(

cngkIvf.jpg

Not as wet as forecast, we even have a dry spell until 1430ish if we're lucky! :eek:

Quite breezy again though, with 30mph gusts, but a respectable feels like 17C currently.

Not convinced about taking the road bike out as lanes might be wet, plus 50mm rim wheels catch the wind more...
If outdoor ride is going to happen, much higher odds on taking the cheap hybrid off the turbo trainer.

Last edited:
Yup was ok ISH this morning, needed to do a ton of work on both cars, started about half 7 this morning, got to half 10 started ******* down...........

It's drizzling now, apparently tomorrow morning is supposed to be dry, guess it was too much to ask to expect a single dry day in the middle of June

Metoffice said light rain with thundery showers by 1600. Just had a clap of thunder and a heavy shower,. Does that sound like accurate forecasting?
Looked at the weather map and the thunderstorm is over Leicester.

I'm Northampton area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom