Summer weather thread 2024

Soldato
I don't want to jinx it, but has anyone else noticed a lack of flies this year so far?

We have a livery here, so the huge mound of horse**** makes things exceptionally bad and the last couple of years at least have been horrific for the amount of flies. I'm talking like 30, 40, 50 at a time continuously in the house.

But so far this year, hardly any, and I've only just brought the zapper out of the cupboard yesterday to keep on top of the odd couple that make their way in (though it did zap ~10 over the day)

Associate
I don't want to jinx it, but has anyone else noticed a lack of flies this year so far?

We have a livery here, so the huge mound of horse**** makes things exceptionally bad and the last couple of years at least have been horrific for the amount of flies. I'm talking like 30, 40, 50 at a time continuously in the house.

But so far this year, hardly any, and I've only just brought the zapper out of the cupboard yesterday to keep on top of the odd couple that make their way in (though it did zap ~10 over the day)
We've already got them coming in, no horse **** around either.

Caporegime
Now that’s more like it! :cool:

IMG-0492.jpg

Praise jesus!

Associate
Plenty flies here. Loads of those tiny fruit flies around atm. I personally think insect numbers are back on the increase. Definitely seems to be more about the last few years. Possibly the mild winters we're having.

I just got some laser sights for my Bug-A-Salt finally. Looking forward to shooting some blue-bottles with it.

Caporegime
WnAHkaX.jpeg

Looks like going to start week good.. But maybe wane towards end. Obviously 10 days out is very much unreliable.

Not best weekend in West though.. So met says.

zHuHDV5.jpeg

Associate
WnAHkaX.jpeg

Looks like going to start week good.. But maybe wane towards end. Obviously 10 days out is very much unreliable.

Not best weekend in West though.. So met says.

zHuHDV5.jpeg
Why is she playing blocks when she's supposed to be doing the weather?

Back
Top Bottom