Summer weather thread 2024

Cool, grey and crap once again.
It's been lovely just down the road in Eccleshall. BBQ on, hardly a cloud in the sky.

Asbq1Ji.jpeg

Last edited:
That BBQ looks awesome but in my mind a bbq is about the male making fire where fire doesn't want to be made, running out of firelighters and raiding the recycling bin for paper and cardboard that floats skywards before landing on your newly polished car, then making one side of the burgers borderline carcinogenic and having to scrape the black burnt layer off , dodging the thick smoke as the wind changes and scorching the odd bush (sorry madam)
There is a chance i could be doing it wrong but i don't think so

That BBQ looks awesome but in my mind a bbq is about the male making fire where fire doesn't want to be made, running out of firelighters and raiding the recycling bin for paper and cardboard that floats skywards before landing on your newly polished car, then making one side of the burgers borderline carcinogenic and having to scrape the black burnt layer off , dodging the thick smoke as the wind changes and scorching the odd bush (sorry madam)
There is a chance i could be doing it wrong but i don't think so
You forgot about raw in the middle

Tuesday and Wednesday are forecast to be 26/27C respectively in Southampton according to Weather Underground, fans and chilled fluids at the ready! :mad:

At least I don't have to work in this heatwave, just like the one in June '23. On the hottest day of the July '22 heatwave, it was 37C at approx 1100, like many of my postie colleagues I returned to the delivery office around midday on safety grounds. Would have been earlier if it wasn't for the drenched "cooling towel" around my neck and down my front, still got sun stroke after I got home.

Supposed to be wall to wall cloud today but it's literally as perfect a day as I could want. 24c and passing clouds with a light breeze. Nice in the sun, nice in the shade.

Mine does :p It's pretty tricky using the rotisserie on a steady heat with charcoal. If it's any consolation I also have a Cobb for when there's just us and the kids.

Mine does :p It's pretty tricky using the rotisserie on a steady heat with charcoal. If it's any consolation I also have a Cobb for when there's just us and the kids.
It's not hard and it's fun.

Reactions: taB
It's not hard and it's fun.
It's considerably easier with a controllable heat. I've never understood all the hate against gas BBQS, I can use my smoker to get a lovely flavour going and to be fair it's all about the prep work beforehand that makes a great BBQ. Giving your meat a good old rub is where it begins ;)

Last edited:
It's considerably easier with a controllable heat. I've never understood all the hate against gas BBQS, I can use my smoker to get a lovely flavour going and to be fair it's all about the prep work beforehand that makes a great BBQ. Giving your meat a good old rub is where it begins ;)
Now rubbing your meat doesn't sound right for BBQing;)

Back
Top Bottom