Poll: Sunbeds naked or not ?

Naked ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • Sausage (seems more appropriate than 'pancake')

Votes: 84 53.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've never understood it either. I've also never been bothered being pasty whitey.

To be fair, having a bit of colour does make you look healthier than being pasty white. I never sunbathe but I am happy to sit on a beach under an umbrella and read a book and always come back with a tan, presumably from the reflected sunlight off the ground

V F

V F

Soldato
To be fair, having a bit of colour does make you look healthier than being pasty white. I never sunbathe but I am happy to sit on a beach under an umbrella and read a book and always come back with a tan, presumably from the reflected sunlight off the ground

I've nothing against tans though. They do look nice on people that has done it the natural way but it was never something that ever ran through my head even as far back as the 80s, I have to have this. If I managed to get a tan great but it was always something that happened back then when out playing.

Even still to this very day it's not something I've to have. Though I was always told to stay away from sunbeds. Thankfully I've never experienced though. I did one time encountered terrible sunburn in CentreParcs for being too long playing in the rapids. That was a rough few nights in 1995. I never realized how deadly sunlight with water acting as a mirror and the light reflecting off the white rapid areas really were. I thought by being in the water you'd be protected. :cry:

It's funny how you're never ever aware how pliable your body is until badly sunburned. Once everything stiffens up and feeling like fire.

Soldato
It's funny how you're never ever aware how pliable your body is until badly sunburned. Once everything stiffens up and feeling like fire.

Ive never been on a sunbed either, just not interested and always thought people that did looked orange and very unnatural. The worst time Ive been sunburnt was in Australia and it was in a very short time for obvious reasons, like you say it felt like fire and when that passed it was prickly like being jabbed by thousands of burning pins, it was misery

Permabanned
I had a pretty wealthy customer who owned a string of tanning salons that he once said were making a tidy profit, and I asked him if he thought they'd die out, what with the mounting health stories about them, and if he thought them safe and used them himself.

He said, "No, they won't die out, women are increasingly vain and blokes aren't far behind them, but I most certainly do not use them, and nor do I live in any of my rented properties, buy food from any of my takeaways, or buy used cars from my two car pitches, I'm not wanting to look like some ageing Lothario, nor am I an idiot with a death wish. I just bank the rents". ;) That was me told...

Soldato
There's a lot of big talk in this thread from people looking down on the use of sunbeds. Where is your masculine pride? Are you all seriously claiming that you don't care about looking pale and pasty when you go for your weekly full body wax?

V F

V F

Soldato
He said, "No, they won't die out, women are increasingly vain and blokes aren't far behind them, but I most certainly do not use them, and nor do I live in any of my rented properties, buy food from any of my takeaways, or buy used cars from my two car pitches, I'm not wanting to look like some ageing Lothario, nor am I an idiot with a death wish. I just bank the rents". ;) That was me told...

I've always noticed the amount of girls and women that turn brunette/light brown/blonde for the Spring/Summer that were originally dark haired. Or some going with the blonde streaks. Which is interesting. Or sometimes as well as getting frizzly hair.

Soldato
There’s being naturally pale, and there is looking like you’ve not seen the sun for 6 months have a vitamin deficiency.

The British public are a majority naturally very ugly people, and need all the help they can get.

Permabanned
There’s being naturally pale, and there is looking like you’ve not seen the sun for 6 months have a vitamin deficiency.

The British public are a majority naturally very ugly people, and need all the help they can get.

Thanks for your sweeping opinion on the British public. We are a resilient lot, with broad shoulders, I am sure your insults will roll off. ;)

But how do you circle the fact a lot of people of colour buy into the huge market place of skin whiteners, and hair straighteners, from Michael Jackson to the woman on the `bus from inner London? Are they aiming for the vitamin deficiency look, too? A look that's stood me in good stead for decades, by the way.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

Are you British? How are the majority ugly? I'm curious from most of your posts but are you intentionally trying to go out of your way to get up people's noses or does it come naturally?

Soldato
Thanks for your sweeping opinion on the British public. We are a resilient lot, with broad shoulders, I am sure your insults will roll off. ;)

But how do you circle the fact a lot of people of colour buy into the huge market place of skin whiteners, and hair straighteners, from Michael Jackson to the woman on the `bus from inner London? Are they aiming for the vitamin deficiency look, too? A look that's stood me in good stead for decades, by the way.

Are you British? How are the majority ugly? I'm curious from most of your posts but are you intentionally trying to go out of your way to get up people's noses or does it come naturally?

I am British yes. A lot of people don’t realise it, it if you head out of the UK, the international world see’s your average Brit as ugly. We are generally a very ugly people. Sorry that you are just learning this now.

Of course there are exceptions, some absolutely stunning people have come from the UK.

Do you think people are buying skin whiteners and straightening their hair to look….. more British? LOL.

V F

V F

Soldato
I am British yes. A lot of people don’t realise it, it if you head out of the UK, the international world see’s your average Brit as ugly. We are generally a very ugly people. Sorry that you are just learning this now.

If you wanted to, you could very easily pick out large numbers of so called ugly people from other countries. Every country has their fair share of good and bad of all kinds.

Soldato
omg you're so white! yeah dude i'm white. well i'm more so lightly pinky beige.
quick must burn my skin cos tan white man called me white, oh noes.

tan=damage.

Back
Top Bottom