• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Soldato
All I can say is thank you gibbo. I was gonna buy a 512MB x1800xt tomorrow, and now I have the 1900xt within my grasp. You've shaved 65 off your nearest rival ****** and in my mind, thats an amazing deal. You have a guaranteed sale of a 3800+ processor and x1900xt tomorrow, along with possibly an eclipse keyboard. Really am chuffed, especially as after my contact with adwhitworth over the previous topic regards prices, you've shaved over a tenner off your x2 price as well. Am absolutely chuffed, stonking deal, ok, the delivery from you can be pricy, but at least you never pay more, and I'll be guaranteed my good on friday. Am a very happy and excited man, its been over 2 years since my last upgrade...

OcUK Staff
OP
Alexrose1uk said:
All I can say is thank you gibbo. I was gonna buy a 512MB x1800xt tomorrow, and now I have the 1900xt within my grasp. You've shaved 65 off your nearest rival ****** and in my mind, thats an amazing deal. You have a guaranteed sale of a 3800+ processor and x1900xt tomorrow, along with possibly an eclipse keyboard. Really am chuffed, especially as after my contact with adwhitworth over the previous topic regards prices, you've shaved over a tenner off your x2 price as well. Am absolutely chuffed, stonking deal, ok, the delivery from you can be pricy, but at least you never pay more, and I'll be guaranteed my good on friday. Am a very happy and excited man, its been over 2 years since my last upgrade...

Plus our couriers have a superb sucess rate and as such we have lots of customers who order plainly from us because they know in-stock items always arrive next day when there are no issues with the order. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Plus our couriers have a superb sucess rate and as such we have lots of customers who order plainly from us because they know in-stock items always arrive next day when there are no issues with the order. :)

Oh yes, my entire system would have been brought from here, but you dont stock the asrock 939dualsata2 board I wanted, so I had to go elsewhere, but the rest of the system is coming straight from yourselves :D

Anyways, going to the pub to get hammered like a good little student, so see ya guys laters, am well excited now... *dances*

OcUK Staff
OP
Alexrose1uk said:
Oh yes, my entire system would have been brought from here, but you dont stock the asrock 939dualsata2 board I wanted, so I had to go elsewhere, but the rest of the system is coming straight from yourselves :D

Anyways, going to the pub to get hammered like a good little student, so see ya guys laters, am well excited now... *dances*

I might look into these Asrock boards as they've aproached us a couple of times now but always assumed they were cheap tat but they do seem quite popular so may add to our range over the next few weeks. :)

Soldato
All I can say is that your doing your job great Gibbo and keep the products coming in. Soon enough OcUK will stock everything you could possibly want at the lowest competitive prices.

Any word about Yonah cpu's yet?

Soldato
Gibbo said:
I might look into these Asrock boards as they've aproached us a couple of times now but always assumed they were cheap tat but they do seem quite popular so may add to our range over the next few weeks. :)
considering they are a "buget" brand they make some quality and feature rich boards

Soldato
damian44 said:
Gibbo have a heart!!

I ordered a Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire THIS MORNING just before you reduced the price - PLESE can I have it at the reduced price - afterall I have spent well over a grand at overclockers in the last week!!!!!!!!

indeed i think that would be fair tbh

Associate
top end product always sell between £350-£450 and the fact OcUK's X1900's are £300ish and lower this is proof they will all increase again once sold out and I doubt any other Etailors will be able to make such an offer.

Yet i've just seen 3 other large UK etailers with a price tag of £333 and £334 on x1900xt's, no special offers just their prices. Don't get me wrong, if i manage to scrape the rest of the money together i will be buying one from OC as regardless at the moment you are the cheapest :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:

I purchased one from... lets say your most significant competitor that ends in 'world'... only used them because my mainboard was completely screwed and I couldn't get on the internet. The trouble I had with that board was unreal, and as soon as I described it to anyone the said "who?" and laughed at me...

As you know, we boys and our toys and cars CANNOT be laughed at so its safe to say that I purchased an Intel mobo from OcUK and then ripped that ASRock from my machine as soon as the courier could shove the Intel package into my greedy little hands...

The main reason was also poor compatability thanks to a VIA chipset. I suppose it would depend on the pricing... the ASRock was fully featured and a decent price in comparison, but I would take the Intel any day of the week

OcUK Staff
OP
fireblade900 said:
Might buy some of those Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers, anyone got any? Or was I supposed to be impressed by the price of those gfx cards?

I listened to some at OcUK and the quality was very good but I've not heard any of the other speakers we sell so can't really comment how they compare. They've supposedly won tons of reviews and are highly recommended for any use, what I will say the build quality is superb. :)

Soldato
Gibbo, I have a feeling you're doing this to prove to ATI just how many high end cards you can shift in 24 hours given the right prices :p Well, if so - keep it up!

Anyway I think I'll sit this one out. Not that the prices aren't great, but one of my two GTXs just died, and plaing with just the single card again made me realise that the games I'm playing right now (HL2, UT2004) don't justify the extra power. But anyone with a previous gen card looking to upgrade would be daft not to go for it. I think ATI have the edge in this round anyway.

OcUK Staff
OP
SeanyK said:
So just before I go and do it...

Is it worth moving from an X850XT to the X1900XT-X ?

Its quite a big improvement. A huge speed boost and enhanced image quality plus new SM3.0 support and all that lark. :)

Soldato
blade007 said:
ASRock = crap

cheap, fully featured rubbish.

And that is based on what? I've built what must be about a 12-15 comps using these mobos and never once have I had any probs. The budget ones are basic, yes, but once set up and running, they carry on regardless. I've never had any failures or cause of complaint from anyone, plus there a load of ppl here using the sata2 versh I believe without too much trouble. I think quite a few ppl were expecting them to take an opteron to 2.8ghz, ain't gonna happen, but they'll run a cpu at stock all day. And they are cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom