• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
SeanyK said:
So just before I go and do it...

Is it worth moving from an X850XT to the X1900XT-X ?

TBH unless your a real gamer who wants/needs the best then the answer is a BIG NO, don't get me wrong they absolutely fly and can run anything but the X850XT can as well, I've had both and still have the X1900XTX but if you ask me what would I prefer £200 in my pocket or the 1900 I'm afraid I'd go for the £200

Horses for courses but unless you are a very keen gamer save your money.

Looks like the hanging squad for me :D

Soldato
DAMN !!!

I realy wish i had waited now..

I paid £280 for the X1800 XT 512MB Powercolor, back when they were reduced on the X1900 XT and XTX release day..

Now i feel like ive been kicked in the nuts..

Associate
Thats what happens when you buy on the day of the newest cards release. I'd have thought it obvious that the x1800's would have dropped in price regardless of special offers over time. Hardly a kick in the nuts... all graphics cards value depreciate as newer ones are released ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
Man I was getting all excited.. I dunno what the big deal is, ATI price drops were known about 2 weeks ago, yeah Gibbo might have sourced a load of cards for slightly cheaper, but they will be cheaper everywhere soon enough.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060303052240.html

That price drop happened two weeks ago just like the article suggest. Work it out for yourself $549 is £315 and then remember on top of that £315 you have TAX/DUTY and profits added by the reseller.

The prices OcUK is selling at is not a price drop but a limited to stock/time promotional offer. Prices will go back up to where they were before and even at those prices OcUK are still cheaper too. :) If this was an official big price drop I would not have bothered making a big deal about this and would have just dropped prices on the quiet but as it is OcUK is massively cheaper than everywhere else because we have done a great deal and as such we have a limited amount of stock we can offer at silly low low prices for a short period. :)

Associate
That price drop happened two weeks ago just like the article suggest. Work it out for yourself $549 is £315 and then remember on top of that £315 you have TAX/DUTY and profits added by the reseller.

So why when the article says that the x1900xt would drop to $479 am i seeing right now on US sites them selling for $439 (£239) and $449 Including TAX/DUTY ? ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Zephyrus said:
So why when the article says that the x1900xt would drop to $479 am i seeing right now on US sites them selling for $439 (£239) and $449 Including TAX/DUTY ? ;)

I would imagine they are the big stores like newegg and have no doubt done something similar to ourselves with ATI. Also the large sites in the US tend to sell the products at their cost as its major competitive in the US between companies like newegg, tiger, zipzoomfly etc. etc. so they all sell around cost and rely on the rebates they get from ATI for their profits.

In the UK ATI partners sell to UK distribution and the larger Etailors at more or less what Etailors sell for in the US and as the UK is so much smaller we all add margin onto products so we make money, even though the larger UK Etailors like ourselves also get rebates/marketing funds too like the US. :)

In comparison to US sales the UK is like a corner shop compared to the US........
When a company like Newegg buy 10,000 X1900's from an ATI partner they get a far better price when companies like ourselves only buy upto 500 units and then the other distribution channels and Etailors in the UK tend to only purchase around 200. So clearly ATI partners give US customers better prices and then when US Etailors sell at cost and use rebates to sometimes lower their sell prices further is one of the main reasons why UK prices are normally always higher in comparison. ;)

Soldato
Isnt the $549 figure a suggested retail figure? When you see prices for graphics cards, they are always quoting rrp (inc tax etc), its not like the prices for CPUs where they are quoted in 1000 units. I was curious why you were getting all excited over this, yeah your cards will be cheaper than the competitors, which is great, but they wont be massively so. The fact the web site is now plastered in ATI banners probably gets you deals from ATI that you can pass on, but I really think you're making a mountain out of a molehill over this. (edit) ah explained above.

Good luck in the sale anyway, both ATI and Nvidia havent sold many high end cards lately by the looks of it, hences we will start seeing good price cuts across the board from both companies. I think people want DX10 now this close to Vista being released, and are a little wary of spending £400 on a new card that will be essentially out of date in 6 months.

Oh, neweggs are doing 1900XTX for $499 inc tax....

Last edited:
Soldato
'This price isn't going to be around for long..... GET ONE NOW!! You will not find cheaper elsewhere and we won't be able to repeat this price again.'

That is until a the cards are reduced in price, probably when ATI or Nvidia release a new card though :D

Nice prices especially when it was not long ago that an X850XT cost £300 :eek:

Associate
I've checked out those U.S sellers like Newegg this week and the cheap ones only ship to U.S or Canada with American credit cards or charge a fortune for postage. Also what happens if you need to RMA it back?

Soldato
Im not saying buy from the US, Im just saying these reduced prices are nothing special, a good deal for sure, but certainly nothing to go mental over.

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

Last time I ordered a big order from OcUK (next day) and it took 3 days to arrive.. I just sent it all back because the courier had the gear on the van for a full 24hrs and kept saying "be there soon" until it was too late, which it then turned into "ok tomorrow" in end I said "ok there's £2400 of gear of mine on that van, how can you garauntee it's not broken" :mad: (that was Amtrak)

..it's happened at least 3 times with them.. have they changed to Parcelforce now though?

Associate
Newegg are currently selling the Powercolor x1900 for $439.00 (£251), not including tax or next day shipping.

Overclockers are selling it for £292 inc VAT and next day shipping. I'd say that is pretty good for a UK company.

A quick look around some other UK based e-tailors show it for £348 (inc VAT, not shipping), £334 (inc VAT not inc. shipping), £416 (inc VAT and shipping).

I'm not too bothered if it goes up or down in price after today. Ultimately it is pretty much the cheapest you'll get the card AT THE MOMENT in the UK. Beyond today anything can happen with Graphic card prices as we have seen before.

Good job Gibbo!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well Gibbo its your fault lol, glad i waited till after 1pm to purchase though lol.

Was gonna get the x1800xt 512mb card, but bit the bullet an probably gonna lose me bits over it, but went an bought the x1900xt instead.

Hope its good.

Back
Top Bottom