• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
I am gutted - I decided to totally update my PC LAST WEEK.

Bought an x1900XT - now it would have been £30 cheaper - bought a new motherboard 2 hours before the price drop now it would be £15 cheaper and I bought £200 worth of RAM that I could have got cheaper - all in all I spent over a grand at Overclockers over the last week and now I feel really hacked off!

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for cheaper components but talk about bad timing :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soldato
damian44 said:

Bought an x1900XT - now it would have been £30 cheaper - bought a new motherboard 2 hours before the price drop now it would be £15 cheaper and I bought £200 worth of RAM that I could have got cheaper - all in all I spent over a grand at Overclockers over the last week and now I feel really hacked off!

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for cheaper components but talk about bad timing :( :mad: :mad: :mad:
If you send them a webnote about it then i'm sure they'll be ahppy to refund the savings. As long as the sale is not too long after you bought the item then i don't think they'll mind.

Associate
Just thought I would register and post to say how good I feel the price reductions are :) overclockers were already the cheapest in the UK for X1900's now that they dropped the prices no-one is in the same bracket as them.

Buy one now or show me where you can get one cheaper. I bought one yesterday and £280 is a steal... an absolute steal. I almost felt guilty buying it :)

Associate
:mad: Well I bought *** x1900xtx last week (I think I received it last Thursday) so I bet they will say that was too long ago but the motherboard I only ordered yesterday morning a 11.15am.

To be honest I am a little annoyed with Overclockers as I have spent upward of £1300 with them in the last week so you would have thought they would have automatcially given me the reduced price on the motherboard as they must have known the reduction was about to happen. :mad:

Permabanned
damian44 said:
:mad: Well I bought *** x1900xtx last week (I think I received it last Thursday) so I bet they will say that was too long ago but the motherboard I only ordered yesterday morning a 11.15am.

To be honest I am a little annoyed with Overclockers as I have spent upward of £1300 with them in the last week so you would have thought they would have automatcially given me the reduced price on the motherboard as they must have known the reduction was about to happen. :mad:

correct me if im wrong but im sure youve got a right to return a product for a full refund if your not totally satisfied, but its either within 7 days or 14 days. in theory, you could return it, and re purchase it at the discounted prices and there would not be much any store could do. call trading standards and find out your full rights to return, then see about applying them. its only a 2 minute phone call ;)

Associate
Thats probably true but too much hassle - I like buying from Overclockers so I am hoping they will just be nice and refund me the difference ! ;)

Permabanned
damian44 said:
Thats probably true but too much hassle - I like buying from Overclockers so I am hoping they will just be nice and refund me the difference ! ;)

lol, put these words together...

over, freezes, hell, Wont, untill, happen, it,

but i wish you luck :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
blade007 said:
ASRock = crap

cheap, fully featured rubbish.

well your quite an uninformed person arnt you... Asrock are made by ASUS for a start, the ULI chipsets that some of their boards use are made by Nvidia these days, The asrock 939 matched a Lanparty Nforce 4 board in bench tests and with the OCworkbench custom bios will do 300FSB and 1.55 volts to the CPU. its won numerous awards as have many of their other boards. they were the first manufacturer to offer AGP and PCI-E on the same board Without a loss of performance not to mantion that the damn things got AM2 support.

again going back to the asrock 939 which i own, currently running at 272fsb, AMD A3000+ venice cpu at 1.8GHz clocked to 2.45GHz, cool and stable.

Asrock provide boards that are just above budget and just below mainstream, they have literally created their own little place in the market. if you want to whine about a cheap motherboard then whine about jetway, but in future, dont write crap untill youve read up on the subject.

Last edited:
Associate
locutus12 said:
well your quite an uninformed person arnt you... Asrock are made by ASUS for a start, the ULI chipsets that some of their boards use are made by Nvidia these days, The asrock 939 matched a Lanparty Nforce 4 board in bench tests and with the OCworkbench custom bios will do 300FSB and 1.55 volts to the CPU. its won numerous awards as have many of their other boards. they were the first manufacturer to offer AGP and PCI-E on the same board Without a loss of performance

again going back to the asrock 939 which i own, currently running at 272fsb, AMD A3000+ venice cpu at 1.8GHz clocked to 2.45GHz, cool and stable. now in future, dont write ******** untill youve read up on the subject.

well said that man!!!!!
my old system was a 754 amd 64 3400 on an asrock board
had that pc for over a year with not 1 problem!!!!!!
sold it 2 a mate and still 6 months on nooooooooooooo probs at all :cool:

Permabanned
some more info about the ASROCK 939 (sorry for the hijack, my last i promise)

pieman109 said:
I think quite a few ppl were expecting them to take an opteron to 2.8ghz, ain't gonna happen, but they'll run a cpu at stock all day. And they are cheap too.

They will with the OCWorkbench custom bios, the standard asrock bios has a software lock on the fsb, wont let you go above 274 without becomming unstable.

Toryglen-boy said:
i have used hundreds of them in builds and find them excellent

someone told me it was Asus's budget brand ... but he was drunk ... and well, you know what i mean !!

Drunk, maybe, but correct he was.

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

damian44 said:

That happened to me.. I rang the OcUK shop and they refunded me the difference :D

Soldato
Price drops can be annoying, but when you pressed the click to order button, you were happy with the price you were paying, but now prices reduce your not that happy.

I was happy with my uber bargain X1800XT a few weeks ago at £280, I was told at the time what a fantastic thing and to buy now cos they wont be around at that price for a while, i was happy to buy then so i cant complain wishing now i had waited for the X1900's.

Associate
Gibbo said:
P.S.IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR AN X1900 DO BUY NOW AS X1900'S WON'T BE THIS CHEAP AGAIN OR NOT AT LEAST WITHIN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS MINIMUM AND POSSIBLY NEVER. Remember X1900 is ATI's flagship product and no new product is due for a long time and as such the top end product always sell between £350-£450 and the fact OcUK's X1900's are £300ish and lower this is proof they will all increase again once sold out and I doubt any other Etailors will be able to make such an offer. :)

So does this offer end today? I.e. new "this week only" starting tomorrow or does it finish when stocks run out? Unfortunately I cannot buy til Sunday if I choose to do so.

Soldato
just received my new x1900xt order'd yesterday just gone 3.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

problem is i am stuck at work till 4, and then have an hour n half drive home!! :(

great job ocuk, and im glad to hear you can ship to a work address rather than just my home address.

Back
Top Bottom